Wildlife Field Technician
Cottom’s Wildlife Removal & Environmental Services, LLC
Under the supervision of the site Foreman, the Wildlife Field Technician will be responsible for assisting in the assessment, creation, and implantation of a plan to remediate nuisance wildlife issues. This may include interacting with property owners and employing Company-sanctioned methods to effectuate the removal of nuisance animals, prevent their return, and repair the mess the animals have created.
Essential Duties of This Position:
- Arrive to work promptly and ready to engage the day in a productive and professional manner
- Follow directions and ask questions as needed
- Perform tasks that may include driving Company-owned vehicles, trapping animals, climbing ladders, using power tools, and performing all other duties necessary to implement the remediation plan
- Participate in training opportunities provided by the Company
- Work in a safe manner by adhering to OSHA, state requirements, and Cottom’s policies and procedures
- Conduct and present oneself as a professional at all times
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. The requirements below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Ability to read, legibly speak, and understand English; must be able to communicate clearly and effectively
- Ability to maintain a high level of professionalism and confidentiality
- Utilize small hand tools, ladders, and proprietary Company-owned equipment
- The ability to work extended hours and some Saturdays
- Must have a valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record
- Physical capability sufficient to perform the job functions, favorable drug test, and acceptable background record is also required
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Communicates through telephone conversations, face-to-face interactions, texts and email
- Lift/push/pull up to 75lbs regularly
- Extensive bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, reaching overhead, climbing a ladder, working in confined spaces, walking for long periods, and sitting for long periods
- Working on rooftops of varying heights and angles
- Tolerate a variety of environmental conditions; indoors and outdoors during seasonal weather, damp locations, and dusty locations
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Cottom’s strives to be an industry leader in the quality of service that it delivers. To do that, we depend on quality Team members and we strive to provide these Team members with industry leading compensation.
The beginning rate for this position is $17.00 per hour. Medical insurance availability, 401(k) program, and company bonuses are part of the compensation package at Cottom’s.
About Cottom’s Wildlife
Property owners have been trusting Cottom’s Wildlife for over three decades to remove destructive animals and restore peace of mind. We are family-owned and operated and foster an atmosphere of respect where each member of our Team is valued.
You can see what we do by visiting our website at mcwildlife.com/
Check out our google reviews to see what our clients have to say about us!
Cottom’s Wildlife Removal & Environmental Services, LLC is an equal opportunity employer.