Overview / Responsibilities
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is currently recruiting for a talented Intermediate Water Resources Engineer to join our growing Irrigation Team within our Water Business Group. The ideal candidate will have completed a Civil Engineering program with an emphasis on water resources. The preferred candidate would have at least 7+ years of experience related to water resources, and irrigation and stormwater management. The role will be based in Lethbridge, Alberta but is expected to service clients across Southern Alberta and Southern Saskatchewan.
As part of the Water team, the Intermediate Water Resources Engineer will take on a senior role in the areas of project management, technical delivery, proposals, business development and will be expected to provide mentorship to developing staff.
You will be part of a growing team, in a dynamic business responding to climate challenges from Flood Management to Drought mitigation, with an opportunity to work across a wide range of projects and clients, expanding your experience and expertise.
- Ensures successful completion of assigned projects with budgeted time and cost constraints,
- Regularly function as a technical leader or significant contributor, preforming complex engineering tasks for a major complex problem or project,
- Participates in defining engineering approaches, planning and scheduling of work and resources,
- Check engineering calculations, drawings, and assist with the development of less senior technical professionals.
- Participate in site visits, project review meetings, design reviews, and other workshops as required.
- Consistently called on to use creativity and professional judgement to formulate results based on engineering standards, industry codes, experience, and constructive thinking
- Understands customer needs and applies technical solutions to meet goals.
- May supervise a small work group of professional staff with some coaching from own supervisor or may provide advice and guidance in an area of specialization to others.
- Manage multiple projects with responsibility for cost, schedule, resource allocations and risk.
- Provide appropriate HSSE leadership including compliance with site and office safety requirements and technical/design safety requirements
- Develop productive collaborative relationships of trust within and across Wood's offices and regions promoting networking and knowledge sharing.
- Build relationships with customers and seek out new avenues for building external relationships with potential customers.
- Work as an integral team member in a multi-discipline environment, liaise with other technical specialists across the company.
- Develop the business and support growth through contributions to proposals, client development and targeted marketing opportunities.
Skills / Qualifications
- B.Sc in Civil Engineering, M.Sc or M.Eng in Civil (Water Resources) is an asset.
- 7+ years of experience in consulting environment
- Hydrotechnical experience with hydraulic structures is an assest
- Engineering experience with pump stations and pressure pipe systems an asset
- Registered with or eligible for registration as P.Eng. with APEGA
- Solutions oriented and creative, able to process and deliver quality soltuions
- Compelling communicator both verbally and written forms
- High level of awareness and commitment to safety in all aspects of daily work
- Good interpersonal and team working skills, builds positive relationships with supervisors, subordinates, peers, and clients
- Enthusiastic, conscientious, and committed to continuous professional development
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail,
- Possess integrity, strong work ethic, positive attitude and is dependable
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people.
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.