Our mission is to provide high-quality, comprehensive medical and dental care, patient advocacy and related services to people who need them most, regardless of their ability to pay. Caregivers demonstrate a high level of empathy, compassion and profound respect while providing excellence of care to our patients. They serve as advocates for all of those in our Northeast Ohio community, especially the most vulnerable.
The VP of Nursing is responsible and accountable for leading, managing and directing all aspects of Nursing Operations by assuring that services are administered utilizing professional standards with a strong focus on quality, cost, efficiency and exceptional customer service. Responsible for strategic planning, monitoring/measuring performance, operations/workflow management, regulatory compliance, quality improvement, information management, on-going communication, and customer service. Responsible for all nursing processes, lab operations, patient referrals, reporting results/analysis, training/development, Clinical data analysis, and all administrative management activities. Reports directly to the President & CEO and works with the Medical Director, Dental Director and other members of the Executive
Clinical Services Supervision Task Responsibilities:
*Include but are not limited to:
· Accountable/Responsible for the operations of primary health care clinic, school health and outreach clinics and other clinical programs
· Hire, orient, evaluate and supervise nurse managers, charge nurses, other nursing staff, medical records staff, and other clinical staff as assigned
· Implement quality improvement programs designed to help us deliver the highest possible levels of service
· Develops and directs an on-going program of nursing quality assessment and assurance
· Resolves patient needs by utilizing multidisciplinary team strategies.
· (s), and job descriptions for each level of nursing, and other personnel as assigned.
· Recommends to the CEO the resources needed to carry out nursing service functions.
· Develops and oversees implementation of systems and processes to ensure that all nursing department functions and activities are performed in compliance with established infection control and isolation procedures
· Participate and provide clinical support to External Affairs in community education and outreach activities, such as the Homeless Stand Down, community education classes and health fairs as appropriate and other community initiatives as assigned
· Meet productivity requirements
Minimum Education and Experience:
· BA/BSN and a minimum of 5 years management experience required
· Graduate of an accredited school of nursing and licensure as a Registered Nurse or Nurse Practitioner (Other clinical licensure may be considered)
· Current license and in good standing with the State Nursing Board
· Minimum three years’ experience in health care supervision, nursing services supervision and administration with performance improvement activities as a key part of responsibility
· Experience with accreditation and quality standards for ambulatory care and/or primary care (Joint Commission or AAA)
· Familiarity with health issues including, but not limited to chronic illnesses, such as diabetes, hypertension and asthma, communicable diseases, HIV/AIDS, substance abuse, and mental illness.
· Valid driver’s license,