Marsh is seeking candidates for the following position:Valuation Consultant
The property valuation practice within Marsh Advisory is growing and seeking to add to its team. The preferred candidate will have some level of property valuation/appraisal experience either with equipment or buildings; or experience with engineering or building cost estimating. The job position will involve client facing valuation work to estimate the insurable replacement cost for property insurance needs. Job responsibilities will include travel, cost research, use of analytical models, report writing and potentially business development.What can you expect?
What is in it for you?
- Ability to demonstrate advanced knowledge of valuation techniques to provide documented and efficient valuation solutions.
- Ability to perform independently and within team efforts to provide valuation services.
- Ability to prepare reports, presentations, slides and other communications of high complexity that are client ready.
- Formulate strategies for internal and client meetings and lead the discussions to drive client projects.
- Lead complex and/or unique projects for clients.
What would like you to have:
- Work in a dynamic and energetic team environment
- Fast pace, exciting and friendly culture
- Competitive compensation and time off
- Attractive flex benefits package (medical/dental/vision insurance, life insurance, retirement plan)
- Career development opportunities
What makes ideal Candidate?:
- At least 1+ years of property valuation/appraisal experience or similar engineering/building cost estimating experience.
- Must be able to travel regularly within the U.S. and abroad.
- Experience in performing field inspections.
- High level of confidence working with Excel and Word
- Experience with a cost estimating program such as CoreLogic, Marshall & Swift or RS Means.
DIVERSITY MATTERS AT MARSH
- Bachelors' Degree in Engineering, Construction or Real Estate
- Background in Valuation, Construction Cost Estimating, Property Insurance or Real Estate
At Marsh, we believe that diversity and inclusion are vital components of our future and our goal is to leverage the unique skillsets that each person brings to the company. We provide our colleagues with a supportive, collaborative environment that leads to innovative ideas and the ability to make an impact. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: MARSH & MCLENNAN COMPANIES
Marsh and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC). Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: We are Marsh
A global leader in insurance broking and risk management. We enable clients to grow, innovate and create value by helping them understand and better manage the risks they face, and ensuring they have the resiliency to withstand the unexpected. Marsh partners with clients to turn uncertainty into opportunity. Marsh provides risk management, risk consulting, insurance broking, alternative risk financing and insurance program management services to businesses, government entities, organizations and individuals around the world. Our team approach draws on dozens of industry and risk specialties within Marsh to customize solutions for each client.