Provide administrative support to multiple Package Property underwriters, including monitoring email correspondence, and completing administrative tasks to expedite the underwriting process for new and renewal business. Upholds the standards of the AmTrust organization.
- Triage New Business Submissions for Underwriter review. Provide a description of the insured's operations and exposures by reviewing Acord Applications, Statement of Values and putting it in a short narrative form for the Underwriter.
- Communicate the Underwriting decision to the agent by declining the risk with a specific underwriting reason or requesting additional information to move forward.
- Update and maintain multiple Excel spreadsheets with accurate information.
- Run web based reports as requested or needed including but not limited to HPD's, Corelogic, ISO 360's and Prometrix.
- Review reports and Loss Control to see how they fit within underwriting guidelines and be able to articulate this in written form.
- For Renewals update Underwriting Analysis with all renewal information. Pull updated reports (Loss Runs, NYC reports etc.)
- Provide Statement of Values on an Excel Spreadsheet and Loss Control Recommendations spreadsheets.
- Review Loss Controls Reports by comparing them to the exposures on the policy. Follow up for Loss Control Recommendations with the agent and make the Underwriter aware of outstanding recommendations and communicate potential hazards to the UW.
- Fulfill broker's requests for, loss runs, copies of policies, copies of invoicing for example.
- Agency support of general questions regarding renewal status, endorsement status, cancellation status, billing inquires, commission questions, etc.)
- Keeps current with market trends and demands.
- Performs other functionally related duties as assigned.
- High School Graduate or GED as minimum education requirements.
- Proven research and analytical skills to identify, gather and organize information to provide recommendations
- Must be able to meet deadlines and work in a fast paced atmosphere
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Ability to learn new software applications and proprietary rating information
- An insurance background with a working knowledge of Property and General Liability coverages. Rating background a plus.
- Being highly proficient with Excel including pivot tables and incorporating multiple spreadsheets.
This job description is designed to provide a general overview of the requirements of the job and does not entail a comprehensive listing of all activities, duties, or responsibilities that will be required in this position. AmTrust has the right to revise this job description at any time.
What We Offer
AmTrust Financial Services offers a competitive compensation package and excellent career advancement opportunities. Our benefits include: Medical & Dental Plans, Life Insurance, including eligible spouses & children, Health Care Flexible Spending, Dependent Care, 401k Savings Plans, Paid Time Off.
AmTrust strives to create a diverse and inclusive culture where thoughts and ideas of all employees are appreciated and respected. This concept encompasses but is not limited to human differences with regard to race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, culture, religion or disabilities.
AmTrust values excellence and recognizes that by embracing the diverse backgrounds, skills, and perspectives of its workforce, it will sustain a competitive advantage and remain an employer of choice. Diversity is a business imperative, enabling us to attract, retain and develop the best talent available. We see diversity as more than just policies and practices. It is an integral part of who we are as a company, how we operate and how we see our future.