Title: Technical Writer (Exp. w/ DITA, XML, CMS Systems/Tools - SDL Tridion Docs, Ixiasoft, XDocs, and Agile exp.) (100% Remote)
Description & Requirements
Enterprise Content Services (ECS) and the Banking Services team is looking for a Technical Writer to work with the newly formed Regional Banking Office (RBO) team. The RBO team will be responsible for the scoping, development, and testing of items that will help support larger banks by expanding existing field data and creating new Core Business Services (APIs) to expand the Silverlake UI offering and open all services up through Jack Henry's proprietary messaging platform, jXchange.
As a technical writer, you'll attend meetings, perform research, test software to determine features that need documentation, as well as translate technical information into content that guides our users as well as Jack Henry staff. Candidates for this position will be responsible for working in an agile development process for software design and testing and should have prior experience with API documentation.
This position may be worked from Springfield, Missouri and/or Remote.Minimum Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in a role such as Technical Writer / Technical Editor / Content Strategist / Technical Communicator / Content Developer / Content Designer / API Writer.
- Must have experience with structured authoring techniques in DITA and XML
- Must have experience in content management systems and/or help tools (i.e. SDL Tridion Docs, Ixiasoft, XDocs, etc.).
- Well-versed in software engineering terminology.
- Experience with documenting APIs - **Required on 1 role but 1 role does not require this**
- Experience with or knowledge of Agile Development Methodologies.
- Excellent communication skills and a passion for technical writing.
- Ability to handle fast-paced, time-critical projects and deliver great user outcomes.
- Track record of problem solving and innovation.
- Strong knowledge of the Fintech industry.
- Strong project management skills.
This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
- Researches and translates technical information into manuals and/or web-based content for non-technical and technical users.
- Identifies user needs and works with customer base to resolve issues relating to documentation.
- Writes, publishes and maintains high-quality help content, API documentation, and user interface (UI) messaging.
- Collaborates with Engineers, Product Managers, Quality Assurance staff, and UX designers.
- Navigates ambiguity with ease, creatively overcomes obstacles, and turns challenges into opportunities.
- Actively seeks feedback from all levels and works with other writers to raise the bar.