Zabel and Company was founded on the premise that the accounting industry needs to be more creative about providing value to clients who need more than just another Tax Accountant to process their returns.
As a Tax Accountant, you've spent years preparing business tax returns for partnerships, C-Corps, S-Corps, and complex returns for high net worth individuals. Your most-used computer software is probably QuickBooks or UltraTax too!
However, beyond preparing the 1040, 1065, 1120, 1120-S, and other forms, you take great pride in being a valuable resource to your clients throughout the year. This is why working with Zabel as a Senior Staff Accountant is such a good fit for you! With Zabel, you get to serve as a sounding board for business owners, getting to know them and their industries on an intimate level and building friendships along the way. Filing returns, reviewing tax notices and client financials, and preparing tax projections is just part of a much broader (and more fulfilling) role.
Better yet, your growth never has to stop. Whether you want to upskill with business valuations or dive into turn-key ERP software, Zabel will help you get there. The best part? The work environment: no shirts and ties, Fridays off during the quiet season, sporting events with the team throughout the year, and a culture of flexibility and support! Working with Zabel and Company means regularly receiving compliments such as "you're not like any other CPA we've worked with."
Are you ready to tackle new challenges, chase new opportunities, and make new friends along the way? Then now is the time to apply for Zabel and Company's Senior Staff Accountant position! We're excited to speak with you.
More About You
- You have a Bachelor's Degree in Accounting and/ or extensive experience as a Tax Accountant for individuals and businesses
- You're comfortable with QuickBooks, UltraTax, and the Microsoft Office Suite
- You efficiently and clearly communicate financial and tax information (written and verbal), handling all confidential information in a trustworthy manner.
- You build strong relationships with staff and clients
- Your strengths in time management and organization enable you to manage multiple projects
- You also may have prior supervisory experience
What You Will Do
- Prepare complex Individual Income tax returns (1040)
- Review Individual Income Tax returns (1040)
- Prepare Business Income Tax Returns including Partnership, C-Corporation, and S-Corporation (1065/1120/1120-S)
- Review tax notices received by clients
- Review client prepared financial statements; Prepare clear questions and requests for information from clients
- Review Internally created financials by bookkeeper for clients; relay questions and review notes to bookkeeper for corrections
- Review Year End Closings done by other staff to ensure balances agree to workpapers.
- Prepare Tax Projections for clients
- Prepare Budgets and Forecasts for clients
- Health Insurance (100% paid by Zabel for you)
- 3% simple IRA match
- Paid holidays
- Dedicated 2+ weeks PTO, plus flexible hours (you usually won't work Fridays from Memorial Day through late August!)
- Optional hybrid work schedule