Thank you for your interest in a career at Senti Biosciences. Our mission is to create a new generation of smarter medicines that outmaneuver complex diseases in ways previously inconceivable. We are passionate about designing gene circuits to improve the "intelligence" of cell and gene therapies in order to enhance their therapeutic effectiveness against a broad range of diseases that conventional medicines are unable to address.
At Senti, we find purpose and meaning knowing that our efforts have the potential to improve the lives of patients and their families with more effective and safer treatment options. With science as our foundation and empathy as our key guiding principle, colleagues become friends, managers become mentors, and with time, cancer becomes history.
Senti Bio is seeking a team-oriented Senior Research Associate II or Senior Research Chemical Engineer Associate II to join Senti Bio s viral vector core to function as a supervisor overseeing the generation of in-house retroviral vector preparations and their delivery to internal teams to support Senti s program pipeline efforts. In addition, this position will be responsible for supporting process development of novel cell and gene therapies by contributing to the advancement of our production platforms by developing, characterizing, and optimizing vector production procedures designed to support both research and manufacturing pipelines. A successful applicant will be able to generate multiple viral vector preparations under protocol, work collaboratively with a team to meet request deadlines and handle routine wet lab operations. Applicants should have current knowledge of aseptic technique, cell culture, cell biology and chemistry.Responsibilities:
- Manage and oversee the in-house production of viral vectors, their inventory, analytical results, and coordination of their delivery to requesters to support research, analytical development, process science and process development transductions.
- Manage and supervise one Research Associate in routine production and upstream platform process development efforts.
- Work alongside scientists to design experiments to optimize existing platforms as well as developing working conditions for stir-tank bioreactor viral vector production of novel engineered cell lines.
- Maintain adherent and suspension mammalian cell lines for viral vector production.
- Design studies for vector platform characterization to support tech transfer activities.
- Analyze and present data at cross-team functional meetings.
- Perform routine cell culture maintenance, cell counting, as well as chemical and media formulation.
- Execute downstream clarification and purification operations.
- Routinely enter data into the electronic lab notebook system and worksheets.
Salary and Benefits:
- Bachelor s degree in a related scientific or technical field.
- 3+ years of experience in a laboratory setting working with cell culture and/or viral vectors
- Experience with mammalian suspension cell culture highly desired.
- Team player, proactive and willing to work in a small team environment.
- Proficient with MS office and other commonly used software and technology platforms.
- Self-motivated and eager to take on temporary responsibilities outside of the initial job description to support the team.
- Base pay and stock options to be determined based on application qualifications with the aim of being competitive with similar roles in the area
- Significant growth opportunity as the company expands
- Empathetic, supportive and collaborative colleagues and work environment
Senti Bio is a publicly traded (Nasdaq: SNTI) gene circuit company headquartered in South San Francisco. Our mission is to create a new generation of smarter medicines that outmaneuver complex diseases using novel and unprecedented approaches.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Senti Bio. We believe that different perspectives lead to better ideas, and better ideas allow us to better understand the needs and interests of our diverse Senti Team. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives and are an equal opportunity employer.