Those who join Emergent BioSolutions feel a sense of ownership about their future. You will excel in an environment characterized by respect, innovation and growth opportunities. Here, you will join passionate professionals who advance their scientific, technical and professional skills to develop products designed-to protect life.
I. JOB SUMMARY
The Sr. Director Sales, North America - Travel Health reports to the GM & Global VP, Commercial - Travel Health. This role is field-based and responsible for managing all aspects of Travel Health vaccines sales in the U.S. and Canada.
This individual is responsible for meeting & exceeding business objectives in support of sales goals with customers through account management, contract negotiations and customer relations. Strategies and tactical plans can span the following customer types: Passport Health (and like clinics), National or Regional Retail Pharmacy chains, IDNs/GPOs, Employers, public health entities and other segments deemed as high value. This role will collaborate with Marketing, Sales, Medical Affairs, Commercial Operations, and Finance on business planning and strategy.
This person will bring strong leadership skills, a high degree of impact and influence, excellent communication, and presentation skills. This individual must possess the ability to navigate, influence, and negotiate at the C-level and demonstrate a detailed understanding of the healthcare landscape.
II. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Accountable to achieve (and exceed) the sales targets and the execution of sales plans for the travel health vaccine portfolio. Also responsible for ongoing tracking of expenditures against planned sales budget allocation
- Recruit, develop and lead a team of sales professionals
- Design and implementation of short-term and long-term sales strategies, as well as ongoing analysis and evaluation of sales performance across all the different channels
- Design and management of sales incentive programs, and contribute input into customer segmentation and targeting strategies
- Responsible for tactical plan execution with key accounts in support of sales of existing and new products
- Build and maintain relationships with key customers and Market Influencers
- Identify key issues/barriers within each customer channel; develop solutions to overcome issues/barriers
- Contribute to the development and successful execution of the Sales Plans of Action
- In partnership with Training, support ongoing development of selling skills, product/therapeutic knowledge, and industry good practices (e.g. compliance)
- Oversight and ongoing analysis of the customer relationship management (CRM) needs, structure and reporting
- Identify and share insights and best practices from the marketplace with cross-functional partners, and contributing key insights into business and brand planning
- Receiving incoming customer questions/queries and providing effective and timely resolution of a range of customer inquiries
- Arranging and conducting business reviews for all key accounts
- Administration, analysis and reporting to management as required
- Cross functional collaboration with Marketing, Medical, Finance, Operations and Sales Analytics
- Provides leadership in the planning, designing, and implementing of strategic business objectives for all National Accounts
- Accountable for overall pricing and contracting for the Travel Health vaccine portfolio
- Reporting of progress in National Accounts through business plan updates to management
- Ensure alignment across National Accounts and Field Sales
The above statements are intended to describe the nature of work performed by those in this job and are not an exhaustive list of all duties. Nothing in this job description restricts managements right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time which reflects management's assignment of essential functions.
III. MINIMUM EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS
- Bachelor's degree required with 10+ years industry experience
- Minimum of 5 years prior proven experience in similar commercial team management role in vaccines or biopharma.
- Demonstrated knowledge of specific Retail, IDN, and/or Employer decision-making processes for vaccines or branded Rx
- Exceptional communication skills that include verbal, written and presentation abilities
- Demonstrated leadership and organizational skills
- Demonstrated strategic planning capabilities
- Experience with negotiating contracts
- Experience in consultative sales, with a demonstrated track record of sales success
- Must demonstrate a high degree of professionalism, problem-solving ability, and influential leadership
- Proven project management skills, with the ability to handle multiple tasks with multiple partners
- Experience in marketing a plus, but not required
Successful applicants for this position must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Individuals with qualifying medical issues or sincerely held religious beliefs or practices that may prevent them from getting the vaccine may request an exemption from the vaccine requirement.
There are physical/mental demands and work environment characteristics that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. This information is available upon request from the candidate.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform all essential functions.
Emergent BioSolutions is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and values the diversity of our workforce. Emergent does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, genetic information or any other characteristics protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Emergent BioSolutions does not accept non-solicited resumes or candidate submittals from search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions' approved agency list. Unsolicited resumes or candidate information submitted to Emergent BioSolutions by search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions' approved agency list shall become the property of Emergent BioSolutions and if the candidate is subsequently hired by Emergent BioSolutions, Emergent BioSolutions shall not owe any fee to the submitting agency.