We are currently searching for a Speech Writer and Event Coordinator for NIMHD to provide support in preparing speeches, formatting speeches to facilitate the speaker using a prompter or reading from the computer, drafting emails for use by various staff to include leadership. This is a full-time, on-site opportunity in Bethesda, MD.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Prepare/write/edit various speeches/communications (various forms) for Senior Leaderships use and distribution.
- Research and write event messages, talking points, frequently asked questions, presentations.
- Research and design various visual media to include graphics, artwork, and photographs and maintain associated website.
- Maintain digital content in support of event(s) and in support of the IC and/or NIH.
- Attend routine staff meetings to gather information necessary to develop effective communication projects, plans and strategies.
- Research and write communication strategies and plans that identify goals to be achieved, measurable objectives, audiences, messaging, creative concepts, communication channels, and government clearance requirements.
- Research and write plans to monitor the impact and effectiveness of communication strategies and plans.
- Research and design various visual media to include graphics, artwork, and photographs.
- Research and write educational materials for a variety of print and electronic media platforms.
- Identify key articles, reviews, Internet, and social media content and assess relevance and impact to the program.
- Perform site administration functions related to updating content and design and managing site settings and security protocols.
- Determine ways for the organization to work more closely with media and groups to communicate with audiences interested in or affected by programs.
- Track frequently asked questions at speaking engagements and other events and develop materials to address relevant questions.
- Respond to media inquiries promptly.
- Identify needs and develop content for various communication mediums to increase visibility of the program.
- Establish and maintain positive relationships and engage in two-way dialogue with key stakeholders.
- Build strong relationships and collaborate with key partners, news makers and news generators.
- Represent the program at meetings and conferences with tribal leaders, organizations, and members.
- Coordinate with other program offices to create outreach and engagement plans.
- Work with IC to plan events, facilitate outreach/communication of event, development of any materials utilized/distributed for event.
- Serve as an expert resource to staff and consortium members about opportunities and challenges for engagement with the program.
- Work with EO and/or staff to facilitate event planning as needed for internal NIH events.
- Bachelor's degree in General Business, Marketing and Marketing Research, Operations Logistics and E-Commerce, Miscellaneous Business & Medical Administration, Journalism, Mass Media,Communication Technologies, Communications, Advertising and Public Relations, English Language and Literature
- Microsoft Office Suite
- 3-4 years experience
- Editing various forms of communication
- Speech Writing
- Event Coordination
- speech writer and storyteller
- ability to produce high-quality speaking materials on tight deadlines
- strong interpersonal communication skills
- Careful listener and creative problem-solver
- excellent verbal communications
- Collaborating across divisions, branches, Offices, and ICsto obtain or share scientific or other information with subject matter experts
- Research and produce PowerPoints, talking points, and other briefing materials for presentations
- Ability to solve problems quickly and creatively
- Advise others on optimal format/platform for a presentation
- Work with others to develop overall editorial structure and story arc ("pitch") for a presentation and draft and/or edit content for the presentation based on approved pitch
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Outstanding organizational abilities
- Experience in working with senior leadership
Dovel Technologies and its Family of Companies (Medical Science & Computing and Ace Info Solutions) was acquired in October 2021.
Guidehouse is a leading global provider of consulting services to the public sector and commercial markets, with broad capabilities in management, technology, and risk consulting. By combining our public and private sector expertise, we help clients address their most complex challenges and navigate significant regulatory pressures focusing on transformational change, business resiliency, and technology-driven innovation. Across a range of advisory, consulting, outsourcing, and digital services, we create scalable, innovative solutions that help our clients outwit complexity and position them for future growth and success. The company has more than 12,000 professionals in over 50 locations globally. Guidehouse is a Veritas Capital portfolio company, led by seasoned professionals with proven and diverse expertise in traditional and emerging technologies, markets, and agenda-setting issues driving national and global economies.
Guidehouse is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.
Guidehouse will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law or ordinance, including the Fair Chance Ordinance of Los Angeles and San Francisco.
If you have visited our website for information about employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require accommodation, please contact Guidehouse Recruiting at 1- or via email at . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodation.
Guidehouse does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of Guidehouse, and Guidehouse will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.