The VA Claim Processing Specialist is responsible for the filing of all VA Conveyance claims in accordance with investor/insurer time frames and follow up on all claim payments. It is essential these functions are handled timely & within established requirements to minimize all associated losses. The Specialist is responsible for ensuring VA Final Title Packages are submitted timely. The Specialist will work with the vendor responsible for submitting the title packages to VA to ensure that they are submitted timely or extensions are requested. The Specialist will work to ensure any and all title issues impeding clear title for VA are resolved in a timely manner and escalate issues as needed.
**THIS POSITION CAN BE WORKED 100% REMOTE
- File all VA Conveyance claims within insurer/investor time frames
- Follow-up daily/weekly on all outstanding claim proceeds
- Work to resolve all exceptions on rejected claim funds or denied claims
- Monitor daily reports and queues
- Ensure Manager is kept informed of all trends and issues in the VA Conveyance and Final Title Package process.
- Facilitating re-conveyances
- Plan and schedule work so that it can be performed effectively and efficiently to reduce costs where possible by improving methods and processes
- Complies timely and accurately data with instructions as needed provided by Manager
- If unable to meet a deadline, the deadline must be renegotiated prior to the initial deadline date
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Minimum 3 years of Foreclosure and/or Conveyance experience in a mortgage servicing environment
- HS diploma or GED
- Bachelor's degree preferred
Founded in Mount Laurel, NJ in 1990, Freedom Mortgage has since grown into one of the largest and fastest-growing privately owned full-service residential lenders in the USA. Licensed in all 50 states, Washington D.C., Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands, Freedom Mortgage has over 5000 employees nationwide, proudly servicing $225.6 billion, and is still growing.
Our mission is to foster homeownership in America. Freedom is a leader in VA mortgage lending and is one of the mortgage industry's largest philanthropic supporters of the USO and military families through its Team Freedom Cares philanthropic arm.
Locations include suburban Philadelphia and Fishers, IN, two regions where we were named Top Workplaces. We also have large operating centers countrywide, including these desirable markets Beaverton , OR; Boca Raton, FL; Columbia, MD; Jacksonville, FL; Melville, NY; Plano, TX; San Dimas, CA; Tempe, AZ; Troy, MI and Woodbridge, VA.
If you seek a sense of community, top training, opportunity for advancement, a comprehensive benefits package and reward and recognition program, look no further.
Freedom Mortgage Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to workforce diversity. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, or their status as a protected veteran or an individual with disabilities. Local applicants encouraged to apply. Employment contingent upon successful completion of background investigation. Smoke-free workplace. Drug-free work environment. Excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision and 401(k). All resumes are held in confidence. Only candidates whose profiles closely match requirements will be contacted during this search. LENDER NMLS ID 2767
Equal Opportunity Employer- Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans