2551 Valmont Dr Brenham Texas 77
Welcome to Valmont, where a world of opportunity awaits. When you join our team, you become part of a passionate group dedicated to changing lives and conserving resources around the globe. We want problem solvers who roll up their sleeves to foster progress and innovation for all people. At Valmont, we provide infrastructure, irrigation, tubing and coatings to the world. We strengthen cities. We nourish croplands. We design, manufacture and coat. Our products and services make a difference. Join us, and BUILD YOUR WORLD.
A Brief Summary of This Position:
This position is responsible for planning, directing, and controlling the finance and accounting functions for the Brenham site. This position will support financial forecasts, internal management reporting, and monitoring of key cost indicators. Also included in the role is management of site working capital, inventory accounting and oversight of internal controls. The person in this role will work closely with the site personnel to understand and explain performance variances and trends.
- Timely and accurate completion of the monthly book close process
- Coordinates and actively participates in working capital management
- Work with the site personnel to gather data and explanations to support spend and productivity analysis
- Supports the site forecast and backlog updates
- Oversight and collaboration with the Materials Manger of the physical inventory controls
- Investigates weaknesses in Internal Controls and implements corrective actions.
- Directs the accounting functions of this site in concert with the Division and Corporate accounting policies and procedures. These functions include:
- Cost Accounting (Inventory control & valuation, direct & indirect costs and absorption)
- Profitability review and support in building Annual Operating Plan
- Performing closing activities to include gross margin reviews and account reconciliations
- Assist Internal auditors and independent auditors in annual audits
- Analyzes monthly transactions that affect inventory and expense accruals.
- Reconcile specific balance sheet accounts and analyze income statement variances
- Maintain appropriate professional competencies and evaluate the capacity, staffing levels, and competency of the functional areaâs personnel
Other Important Details about the Role:
- Strong cost accounting skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to effectively analyze standard to actual cost information
- Highly motivated and self-directed worker with the ability to work independently within the context of a complex matrix organization
Required Qualifications of Every Candidate (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
- Bachelors in Business Administration with emphasis in accounting or finance with 6+ years relevant experience or Associates Degree with 8+ years relevant experience or 10+ years of relevant experience
- 5+ years of experience in a manufacturing environment
- 5+ years of experience in cost accounting and inventory reporting and analysis
- 2+ years of general ledger accounting experience including account reconciliations, journal entries, and a basic understanding of internal controls
- High proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications with advanced Excel and Power Point skills
Highly Qualified Candidates Will Also Possess These Qualifications:
- Experience with IFS systems
- MBA or other advanced degree
- Certification (MBA, CPA, CIA, etc.)
Working Environment and Physical Efforts:
Work is typically performed in an office setting; however, incumbent may be required to go into the production or shipping/receiving areas. The incumbent is regularly required to sit for extended periods of time, as well as talk and listen on the phone and in person conversations or meetings. Environment is fast paced and demanding most of the time. Travel as needed less than 5-10%.
In addition, incumbent is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms while working in the office with various files and forms and while working on the computer. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk when moving about the office. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds in working with large files, binders, and boxes of paper. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
Incumbent will also be exposed to production facilities where specific PPE will be required such as hand, hearing, foot, eye, and head protection. There will also be frequent exposure to outside elements for short periods of time. Being outside will also expose them to material handling equipment such as forklifts, straddle trucks, and shag trucks.
Valmont does not discriminate against any employee or applicant in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you have a disability and require any assistance in filling out the application for employment email .