1301 Maple St Bristol Indiana 46507
Welcome to Valmont, where a world of opportunity awaits. When you join our team, you become part of a passionate group dedicated to changing lives and conserving resources around the globe. We want problem solvers who roll up their sleeves to foster progress and innovation for all people. At Valmont, we provide infrastructure, irrigation, tubing and coatings to the world. We strengthen cities. We nourish croplands. We design, manufacture and coat. Our products and services make a difference. Join us, and BUILD YOUR WORLD.
A Brief Summary of This Position:
The Site Accountant has responsibility for overseeing the day-to day financial activities for the Bristol site including financial statements, business activity reports, financial position forecasts, annual budgets, reports required by regulatory agencies, and preparing/filing annual tax returns, or preparing financial information. Will be required to lead staff in training and development in budgeting and financial management areas and work with groups to develop and/or maintain system of internal controls. Responsible for the supervision and accuracy of all financial reporting, accounting, billings, collections, payroll, and budgeting duties.
- This position reports into the Regional Controller
- This role may require some travel (internationally/domestically), including overnight stays
- Delegate authority for the receipt, disbursement, banking, protection, and custody of funds, securities, and financial instruments
- Maintain current knowledge of organizational policies and procedures, federal and state policies and directives, and current accounting standards, and ensure that the reporting staff also maintains certifications and/or licenses that are a requirement of their position
- Conduct or coordinate audits of company accounts and financial transactions to ensure compliance with state and federal requirements and statutes
- Receive and record requests for disbursements; authorize disbursements in accordance with policies and procedures
- Maintain appropriate professional competencies and evaluate the capacity, staffing levels, and competency of the functional areaâs personnel
- Monitor financial activities and details such as reserve levels to ensure that all legal and regulatory requirements are met
- Coordinate and direct the financial planning, budgeting, procurement, or investment activities of all or part of an organization
- Monitor Risk and Control Effectiveness â Conduct sufficient risk monitoring to regularly assess the ongoing effectiveness of the internal control design to implement improvements in a complete and timely manner
- Analyze the financial details of past, present, and expected operations in order to identify development opportunities and areas where improvement is needed
- Provide direction and assistance to other organizational units regarding accounting and budgeting policies and procedures, and efficient control and utilization of financial resources
- Determine depreciation rates to apply to capitalized items, and advise management on actions regarding the purchase, lease, or disposal of such items
Required Qualifications of Every Candidate (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
- Preferred Bachelorâs with 6+ years relevant experience or Associates Degree with 8+ years relevant experience or 10+ years of relevant experience
- Strong analytical, thinking and reasoning skills
- Detail and goal oriented
- Strong initiative and ability to make decisions, take action and solve problems
- Leadership abilities to influence others to perform their jobs effectively and to be responsible for making decisions
Highly Qualified Candidates Will Also Possess These Qualifications:
- Bachelors or Masterâs degree preferably in Finance
- Strong working knowledge of Safe Software and OneStream Software
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to support siteâs business objectives
- The ability to communicate and interact with coworkers in a positive manner
- The ability to effectively interpret and present information both one on one and in front of an audience
Valmont does not discriminate against any employee or applicant in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you have a disability and require any assistance in filling out the application for employment email .