Waters is currently seeking a Senior Site Reliability Engineer to work in our SRE team to enhance our adoption of Cloud infrastructure, maintaining monitoring and alerting tooling, and maintain continuous delivery pipelines.
We work in a collaborative, agile environment, where team members are empowered to innovate and continually improve. We believe strongly in the value of personal development, and provide support and dedicated time for our people to pursue this.
A self-starter attitude, excellent communication, and dedication to innovative technologies are critical to this role.
- Drive the design and maintain a "one-click" deployment pipeline using a combination of Terraform and Spinnaker on Kubernetes.
- Drive the design of secure, scalable, operationally robust infrastructure (primarily on AWS).
- Continuously improve and refine the build and deployment process.
- Develop and improve our monitoring and observability tooling.
- Assist in the maintenance of the development, staging and production environments and deployments.
- Empower and enable your delivery teammates by helping them help themselves.
- Support production platforms and assisting in incident support
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or other related discipline or equivalent work experience required
- 2+ years of recent experience with modern CI/CD solutions
- 5+ years experience in a software organization
- Expertise with infrastructure configuration management and orchestration tools, such as Terraform etc.
- Expertise with CI/CD platforms / tools, e.g. GitHub, GitLab, Azure DevOps etc.
- Proficiency in at least one statically or dynamically compiled programming language. Preference with one or more of the following: Python, C#, Java, Groovy
- Experience with metric driven monitoring and alerting systems.
- Experience with AWS cloud technologies, as well as containerization and container orchestration technologies.
Waters Is a Great Place To Work
- 10% Engineering Time for you to make Waters better in any way you choose!
- A learning budget for everyone!
- Great culture
Waters Corporation (NYSE: WAT), the world's leading specialty measurement company, has pioneered chromatography, mass spectrometry and thermal analysis innovations serving the life, materials, and food sciences for more than 60 years. With more than 7,000 employees worldwide, Waters operates directly in 35 countries, including 15 manufacturing facilities, with products available in more than 100 countries. Our team focuses on creating business advantages for laboratory-dependent organizations to enable significant advancement in healthcare delivery, environmental management, food safety, and water quality.
Working at Waters enables our employees to unlock the potential of their careers. Our global team is driven by purpose. We strive to be better, learn and improve every day in everything we do. We're the problem solvers and innovators that aren't afraid to take risks to transform the world of human health and well-being. We're all in it together delivering benefit as one to provide the insights needed today in order to solve the challenges of tomorrow.
Diversity and inclusion are fundamental to our core values at Waters Corporation. It is our responsibility to actively implement programs and practices to drive inclusive behavior and increase diversity across the organization. We are united by diversity and thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products, our customers and our community. Waters is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or protected Veteran status.
Site Reliability, AWS, Kubernetes, Docker, Terraform