Title: Senior Scientist/Principal Scientist in the Molecular Interactions Group
Reports To: Senior Scientific Research Fellow
Location: Camarillo, California
The qualified individual will join the Molecular Interactions Group in the Translational and Development Sciences Department at Coherus in Camarillo, CA, and aid in the advancement of Coherus' pipeline. The individual required for this position must have rigorous physicochemical skills as they relate to biophysical characterization of protein/protein interactions. The selected scientist must have deep knowledge in both theoretical and practical aspects of ligand-macromolecule kinetic and binding concepts based on chemical principles. Hands-on experience and a solid understanding of surface plasmon resonance biosensors is required. Demonstrated ability to train and interact with scientists at various levels in diverse scientific teams is also required. In addition, an unparalleled work ethic with tremendous motivation to drive assigned projects to a sound scientific conclusion is required.
The position requires the candidate to be a critical thinker, researcher, and self-starter in assay design and development. The incumbent will conduct method development and analyze samples to support an immuno-oncology product pipeline. The candidate should be detail oriented in execution and will perform experiments on the bench at an advanced level. The candidate is also expected to be able to design independently biophysical experiments that are cutting-edge. The candidate will be required to summarize and present their data to internal cross-functional teams and possibly at external meetings. The candidate is required to be competent in writing scientific reports at the level that would be expected to publish in a professional scientific journal.
- PhD in Physical Biochemistry, Biophysics, Analytical Biochemistry, or Analytical/Physical Chemistry with a minimum of 8-12 years academic research or industry experience
- Capable of performing and analyzing kinetic and thermodynamic studies of protein/protein interactions using state of the art biosensors
- Proficient in statistical tools to critically analyze data
- Excellent record keeping abilities to adequately record, analyze, and document analytical data generated in support of a research pipeline
- Experienced in preparation and characterization of critical reagents and strong data analysis skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects, demonstrate initiative, strong attention to detail, with effective verbal and written communication skills
- Maintains effective communication with line management
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team; trusts and respects team
- Candidate must be highly motivated and able to work in a fast-paced environment
To learn more, please contact our Recruiter, Nicholas Wong:
Beginning July 19, 2021, Coherus BioSciences requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as of their start date. This requirement is a condition of employment at Coherus BioSciences, and it applies regardless of whether the position is located at a Coherus BioSciences facility or is fully remote. If you are unable to receive the vaccine due to a disability or serious medical condition, or because it is prohibited as a result of your sincerely held religious beliefs, you will have an opportunity to request a reasonable accommodation.