2045 Westgate Dr Carrollton Texas 75
Welcome to Valmont, where a world of opportunity awaits. When you join our team, you become part of a passionate group dedicated to changing lives and conserving resources around the globe. We want problem solvers who roll up their sleeves to foster progress and innovation for all people. At Valmont, we provide infrastructure, irrigation, tubing and coatings to the world. We strengthen cities. We nourish croplands. We design, manufacture and coat. Our products and services make a difference. Join us, and BUILD YOUR WORLD.
Valmont Site Pro 1 is looking for a highly driven and talented Senior Purchasing Agent that will be responsible for the sourcing and procurement of materials through the global supply chain and inventory management for all Site Pro 1 warehouse locations with the goal of satisfying business & customer needs. The Senior Purchasing Agent responsibilities include, but are not limited to, supplier sourcing and evaluation, planning and executing long term buying strategies purchase orders, and inventory control/ management expediting orders as needed, vendor management, and sourcing of new or existing product.
- Facilitate and be accountable for the procurement of, coordination of, and delivery of all products, material and paperwork of assigned jobs from vendors in the global supply chain
- Process assigned RFQs, evaluate quotes, and negotiate pricing to ensure best cost and outcome for Site Pro 1
- Expedite delivery of past due or moved-up purchase orders
- Maintain timely and accurate ETAs in ERP system
- Work closely with 3PLs to negotiate freight rates and manage deliveries
- Track and manage shipments from overseas suppliers
- Work with internal customers and Engineering teams to ensure specifications meet purchase requirements
- Inventory management responsibilities including , but not limited to, cycle count ing & discrepancy resolution
- Provide leadership, feedback and coaching to Purchasing team members to ensure successful completion of assigned tasks
Required Qualifications of Every Candidate (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
- Preferred Bachelors with 3+ years relevant experience or Associates Degree with 5+ years relevant experience or 7+ years of relevant experience
- Minimum (1 3) year material planning or purchasing/buying experience
- Strong Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook, Word) Skills
- Ability to communicate and interact with coworkers in a positive manner and be an integral part of a team environment
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills with the ability to solve complex problems with high attention to detail
- Strong math skills
- Effective leadership abilities
- Passion and integrity with the drive to excel and deliver exceptional results
Highly Qualified Candidates Will Also Possess These Qualifications:
- Experience in Telecommunications industry
- APICS (C.P.I.M.) Certification
Working Environment and Physical Efforts:
Work is typically performed in an office setting. The incumbent is regularly required to sit for extended periods of time, as well as talk and listen on the phone and in personal conversations or meetings. Environment is fast paced and demanding most of the time. No travel requirements for this position. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms while working in the office with various files and forms and while working on the computer. The employee is occasionally required to move about the office. Incumbent must utilize proper ergonomic safeguards such as monitor height and positions, keyboard location and height and proper wrists rests. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds in working with large files, binders, and computer equipment. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
Valmont does not discriminate against any employee or applicant in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you have a disability and require any assistance in filling out the application for employment email .