Senior Mechanical Engineer (Contract) Description This contractor position will be located working remotely with business trips to the engineers office in Toronto, Canada and the jobsite in Miami, Arizona
Provide technical advice and guidance for all phases of assigned large/complex mechanical engineering projects and programs, ensuring the successful conclusion of all phases within an appropriate time and at appropriate cost.
- Apply working knowledge of engineering principles to assigned engineering projects, using sound engineering, data measurement & collection, calculations, analysis, interpretation and problem solving.
- Review, interpret, comment and approve mechanical engineering deliverables. Review reports for mechanical design projects and provide recommendations to site team and to project consultants.
- Lead the mechanical efforts on large/complex engineering projects, which may include the development of new or modification to existing systems and processes, including the responsibility of approving work from other engineering disciplines.
- Manage projects and serve as a mechanical subject matter expert (SME) on large/complex projects.
- Managing the mechanical department of an engineering company, construction planning and construction supervision.
- Provide guidance and counsel to the site management team on applicable processes, practices, and existing/proposed local, state and federal regulations
- Contribute to site strategic planning and budgeting efforts for designated engineering areas
- Develop and/or review scopes of work, evaluate proposals, draft formalized internal requests for funding.
- May evaluate and administer contracts with vendors for the provision of services and equipment as approved and required.
- Evaluates and administers contracts with vendors for the provision of services and equipment.
Nature of work: Works on complex issues and implements solutions mostly through the determination of strategy and delegation to others in a group or functional area.
Level of interaction: Often collaborates with managers and/or functional or site leaders and interacts with external colleagues.
Autonomy/decision making: Works under moderate supervision and has some latitude to set objectives, priorities and timelines that may impact department or individual work group
Budgetary responsibility: Has no budgetary responsibility
Managerial responsibility: Manages a specific program or project and may supervise people. Qualifications
Language Skills, Certifications and/or Training
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering or related Engineering discipline and seven (7) years discipline related engineering experience, OR
- Master's in Mechanical Engineering or related Engineering discipline and five (5) years discipline related engineering experience
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Fluency in English
- Broad knowledge of the principles and practices of mechanical engineering
- Ability to research and analyze information of considerable difficulty and draw valid conclusions
- Skill in effective communication, both verbal and written, including the ability to actively listen and to adapt behavior and communication style based upon the audience
- Ability to develop and maintain awareness of occupational hazards and safety precautions
- Skill in following safety practices, and recognizing, controlling and/or eliminating hazards Ability to build trust and credibility with employees/peers and establish common goals and expectations
- Strong analytical skills
- Master's Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Professional Engineer's license
- At least 5 years of work experience
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.