HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
If you feel like youre part of something bigger, its because you are. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies. We are global collaborators who achieve togetherresearching, manufacturing, and delivering ever-better products that reach over 10 million patients worldwide. Its time for a career you can be proud of.Live
What you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world. In this vital role you will will directly coordinate a team that includes managers and senior/associates responsible for efficient and effective sourcing execution across multiple categories, marketing, media, research, data. The Sr Manager, Sourcing Excellence will be responsible for onboarding new team members, performance management, career development and prioritizing the work of direct reports
The Sr Manager will report to the Director, Sourcing Excellence and be located in Tampa, Florida. Our Tampa Capability Center provides essential services that enable us to better pursue this mission. This state-of-the art center serves as a base for finance, information systems, and human resources professionals to make a meaningful impact at one of the world s leading biotechnology companies.
- Translate GSS business plans into objectives for the Sourcing Excellence team
- Accountable for leading the Sourcing Excellence Team and delivery of team results
- Support GSS senior leadership team in development of broad global sourcing programs/initiatives
- Be a thought partner and actively challenge work, to deploy the most comprehensive and creative solutions; furthermore, removes barriers for the team to execute
Leadership / people development
- Be a Talent Manager and help develop direct reports
- Provide performance feedback and career counseling
- Develop goals and prioritize team s work among multiple initiatives
- This role will sit on the GSS functional leadership team (GCO/G&A, R&D/OPS, Ex-US) and partner with rest of the leadership team to help develop this newly reconstituted functional GSS team
Driving organizational alignment and value for users
- Drive end-to-end sourcing processes (i. e., RFx through contract execution)
- Coordinates and integrates team activities in the development and implementation of new processes and policies
- Develops innovative solutions to achieve strategic objectives
- Interacts and collaborates regularly with users of strategic sourcing to ensure needs are being met
- Support alignment between implementation of category strategies and the needs/requirements of regions, countries, and sites
Leading execution of projects
- Lead teams to execute towards Sourcing Excellence goals with a continuous improvement mindset
- Encourages clear project planning, active user management and clear communications during sourcing project development and execution
- Tracks progress/outcome of strategic sourcing initiatives by monitoring progress, achieving milestones and analyzing data to ensure follow-through from key players
- Develop complex, often multi-year incentive based contracts with new suppliers
- Renegotiate existing contracts
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The Sourcing professional we seek is a Senior Manager with these qualifications.
Doctorate degree and 2 years of Global Strategic Sourcing, Procurement or Operations experience
Masters degree and 6 years of Global Strategic Sourcing, Procurement or Operations experience
Bachelors degree and 8 years of Global Strategic Sourcing, Procurement or Operations experience
Associates degree and 10 years of Global Strategic Sourcing, Procurement or Operations experience
High school diploma / GED and 12 years of Global Strategic Sourcing, Procurement or Operations experience
2 years of managerial experience directly managing people and/or leadership experience leading teams, projects, programs or directing the allocation of resources
- Previous experience managing people and/or leadership experience leading teams, projects, programs or directing the allocation of resources
- Supplier Selection, Negotiation and/or Buying Outside Spend experience
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and organizational skills
- Strong management skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to take initiative and work with a minimum level of direction in a fast paced environment
- Ability to lead projects and work with cross-functional teams
- Experience with Ariba Sourcing or other e-Sourcing tools
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
What you can expect of us
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, we also work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Vast opportunities to learn and move up and across our global organization
- Diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plan comprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefits
for a career that defies imagination
In our quest to serve patients above all else, Amgen is the first to imagine, and the last to doubt. Join us.
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Amgen requires all staff in the United States, Puerto Rico and Canada to be vaccinated from COVID 19 as a condition of employment. In accordance with applicable law, Amgen will provide reasonable accommodations to staff members who qualify on the basis of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. Such accommodation may not pose an undue hardship to Amgen, its operations, or its staff.