Be an integral part of the team that evaluates land acquisition opportunities (both finished Lot purchases and residential land development projects), purchases those properties, and then supports home building and sales teams for the successful selling and home construction of those communities. Duties and Responsibilities:
Land Development Projects
Homebuilding and Sales
- Ability to manage site development projects, subcontractors and working knowledge of earthwork and utility construction.
- Development estimate and budget preparation, cost tracking and subcontract negotiation
- Full understanding of construction practices and regulations.
- Securing and maintaining permits, bonds and other sureties as needed
- Coordinate and negotiate with inspectors, developers and homebuilding team regarding deliverables, schedules and issues
- Manage the bond release process (completing work, coordinating inspections, release bonds)Entitlements, Permits and Approvals
- Assist with land, Lot and architecture entitlements
- Working with civil engineers and planners to entitle and permit the work
- Work with permitting, construction and sales teams to secure and/or provide approvals, permits and documentation is available when and if needed
- Responsible for Bond maintenance
- Oversee projects from permits to construction, final certification and community turnover
- Responsible for the successful delivery of new projects through use of construction schedules, contract documents, land development budgets, environmental studies, Geotechnical reports, Engineering and Architectural construction plans and permit compliance
- Timely and accurate design and installation of all land development improvements including but not limited to grading operations, water and sewer services, dry utilities, paving and sidewalks, hardscapes and landscape improvements to entrance and amenity features
- Responsible for site improvement bidding and contractor selections
- Responsible for value engineering during the design process
- Work with construction to ensure lots are delivered correctly to specifications
- Manage planning, scheduling, budget and contract for above plus common elements such as entrance feature, global landscape programs, maintenance contracts and community wide utility plans
- Management planning and effective field operations
- Extension agreements
- Resolve issues with agencies having jurisdiction over projections and deliveries
- Cash flow projections and management
- Other duties as assigned
- Provide support to home building and new home sales teams
- Coordinator and manager information to Purchasing, Construction and Sales teams regarding new projects and ongoing issues as they arise
- Full understanding of HOA management processes
Knowledge and Skills
- High level of interpersonal skills - with the ability to professionally interact with homebuyers, other team members, inspectors, contractors and developers.
- Self-motivated, ambitious, organized with the ability to prioritize and function successfully with minimal direct supervision. Ability to multi-task in a fast- paced environment and can demonstrate drive and initiative to excel.
- Must have a valid driving license, reliable transportation, able to travel, work evenings and some weekends if necessary.
- Intermediate to Advanced office level computer skills required - including MS Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.
- Strong analytical skills
Education and Work Experience
- Associates or Bachelor's Degree in business, engineering or construction management - or prior experience in home building and/or land development
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Land Development managerial role