Senior Lab Technician II
San Diego, CA
Sanguine Biosciences is accelerating personalized medicine research by empowering patients with their healthcare data and making it as easy as possible for them to participate in the medical research process. We partner with patients and pharmaceutical companies to accelerate precision medicine R&D by securely and efficiently collecting and providing patient samples and relevant health data. We are helping thousands of researchers at 20 of the top 40 global pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies increase the speed and quality at which they are conducting their research. For the past two years, Sanguine received the prestigious designation as a "Great Places to Work" company. It is an exciting time; our biotech company is growing quickly and needs the best team members to join us.
About the Role:
This Senior Lab Technician II position will be responsible for the processing and testing of various blood samples. Sample processing will include, but is not limited to: PBMC, T, B, & NK cell isolations, cell counting, aliquot preparation, and proper storage. Initial samples will be from both Leukopaks and clinically collected blood samples or its derivatives. This role will also require experience with LIM systems and commercial laboratory operations, including the internal communication of project details with Sanguine personnel as well as the ability to properly address client questions and concerns.
- Accurately document and accession biospecimen collection information following company SOPs
- Perform density gradient separation and cryopreservation of PBMCs that may include isolation of immune cell subsets such as T, B and NK cells
- Perform laboratory processing procedures of human biological samples including but not limited to urine, saliva, and stool.
- Perform quality testing of stored samples and maintain accurate quality records
- Prepare, process, and ship biological samples to outside laboratories following SOPs and IATA regulations
- Maintain accurate records of specimen storage, distribution, and transfers
- Perform basic to semi-complex laboratory procedures such as cell based assay work, flow cytometry, and research grade diagnostic testing.
- Oversee laboratory workflow processes that include custom protocol training and implementation, project timeline management, and laboratory support and troubleshooting.
- Work with the lab manager to properly research, test, and implement new laboratory assays and procedures
- Assist with the creation and implementation of laboratory policies and SOPs
- Work as a team lead and provide training and oversight for new hires to ensure safety and compliance to SOPs and applicable regulations.
- Assist the lab manager with the oversight of laboratory equipment and consumables that include inventory management and purchasing, equipment maintenance and certification, and basic equipment troubleshooting
- Make recommendations to improve laboratory efficiency, quality, and safety
- Perform other job functions or special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in a life science field with 1+ years of experience in a life science laboratory environment
- Experience with mammalian blood samples is highly preferred.
- Experience working in a biobank or biorepository is highly preferred
- Ability to effectively communicate ideas through verbal and written form.
- Intermediate computer skills.
- Knowledge of process or utility equipment/system maintenance.
- Must be able to work in a BSL-2 Lab setting with biohazards /various chemicals.
- Must be able to wear appropriate PPEs.
- Must be available and flexible to work a variety of full-time shifts Monday through Friday between the hours of 8am to 7pm.
- Must be available to work on weekends if needed.
- Ability to lift 40 lbs.
Sanguine is an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.