Alpha Corporation established in 1979, is a full-service woman-o wned firm, providing civil, structural engineering, program and construction management, project controls, and technology services for various building types, transportation and heavy infrastructure projects. We provide services to a broad spectrum of clients, including all levels of government agencies, public and private enterprises / partnerships.
Alpha Corporation's vision is to be recognized by clients for responsive, innovative and quality services in the building, transportation and infrastructure sectors, and to be the employer of choice for professionals seeking stimulating and rewarding careers.
We are currently hiring a Senior Inspector for Northern Virginia area.
The Senior Inspector will be responsible for ensuring contractors compliance through reviewing interpreting and enforcing of plans and contract documents for efficient and timely inspection of the contractor's work, and shall:
- Independently plan, coordinate, inspect and oversee project inspection activities of roadway, structure and bridge, maintenance project
- Monitor contractors and schedules to ensure quality control and contract compliance of moderate to complex construction projects
- Apply knowledge and experience towards the inspection of roadways and bridges using VDOT standards, specifications and procedures
- Apply engineering principals in the inspection and documentation of construction activities
- Recommend changes to construction plans to meet field conditions or provide cost savings
- Review and monitor EEO/DBE documentation and compliance with contract documents
- Oversee, direct, and review the work of Inspectors and Inspector Trainees
- Maintain comprehensive project records and documentation using the VDOT Materials Book & project management software which could include VDOT Site Manager
- Complete testing of materials using VDOT testing procedures
- Apply Best Management Practises to environmental inspection activities using DEQ standards and specifications
- Apply Best Management Practices to safety activities
- Communicate with various stake-holders including Localities and VDOT
- Assist with the development of change orders, investigations and the analysis of Notices of Intents to File Claims
The Senior Inspector qualifications for this role include:
- 6 years of experience in roadway or bridge construction inspection
- Must be current with the following certifications or the ability to obtain:
- Hydraulic Cement Concrete Field - VDOT
- Soils and Aggregate - VDOT
- ESC Inspector - DEQ
- SWM Inspector - DEQ
- Pavement Marking - VDOT
- Intermediate Work Zone - VDOT
- Flagger - VDOT
- Guardrail Installation (GRIT) - VDOT
- Asphalt Field Levels I and II - VDOT
- Slurry Surfacing - VDOT
- Surface Treatment - VDOT
- 10-hour OSHA Safety
- High school diploma or GED
- Experience operating computer equipment, software programs including Microsoft Office Suite, and field-testing equipment
- Must have a valid driver's license and acceptable driving record
- Able to pass a criminal background check
Alpha Corporation offers excellent career opportunities for continued professional, educational and personal growth. We strive to offer our employees the opportunity to work on diverse and exciting projects in a team spirit environment. All positions include a competitive benefits package and a positive outlook for a stable and rewarding career.
Alpha Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer of minorities, females, vets, disabilities and an Affirmative Action Employer.