This Jobot Job is hosted by: Emily Klopfenstein
Are you a fit? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply Now" button and sending us your resume.
Salary: $75,000 - $90,000 per year
A bit about us:
Family owned and operated for 30 years, we understand the service business. We are community-centered, value oriented, and steadfast in serving our customers. Join the team today for spontaneity and growth in your next role. Help make the world a more colorful place.
Why join us?
With more than 4,000 employees this family owned business is building their HR team to continue to scale in their industry.
The Sr HR & Benefits Administrator provides technical expertise and knowledge for effective administration, daily operations, optimization, and continued implementation of the HR and benefits systems for the organization. The Sr Administrator will also provide support and direction for the benefits administration, the talent management process, and workers compensation reporting, ensuring compliance with daily operational requirements and building a positive work environment at all levels to serve all employees across multiple businesses/regions of a growing and diverse 4,000+ employee workforce.
The Sr Administrator creates relationships with business unit leaders to ensure HR functions and initiatives are aligned with business strategies and objectives. Consults with company managers and supervisors on broad subjects concerning the business and connects with resources inside and outside the company to help drive results. Partners with the Human Resources Director to educate leadership and management on strategic HR topics which include employee engagement & retention, benefits administration, talent management, and HR system optimization.
• Responsibilities include conducting and managing testing, projects, and process documentation for proper system administration for the Kronos UKG Ready HRIS & employee timeclocks, TalentReef HR & Talent Management System, and partnering with the company's benefits broker with the administration of the employee benefits in all company operations across 16+ states.
• Monitor Kronos releases, upgrades, new features, and align with changes or process improvements. Design and conduct training regularly or as needed for users.
• Provides guidance and assistance to all company locations on various employee benefit plans. Develops, recommends, and installs approved, new, or modified plans and employee benefit policies, and supervises administration of existing plans. Develops cost control procedures to assure maximum coverage at the least possible cost to company and employee. Director is familiar with contracts including provider and vendor contracts as applied to employee benefits.
• Evaluates programs through research, surveys, and analysis of benefit trends to ensure plans are competitive and current. Recommends changes as appropriate and documents practices and procedures, focusing on continual improvement
• Facilitates the Open Enrollment process; through broker relations and strategy meetings makes proposal to executive management regarding carrier changes, plan design changes and other offerings. Interprets and advises employees on benefit changes that impact coverage.
• Maintains performance management process, and also maintains effective communications and administration of the workers compensation program.
• Provide appropriate security access and define user roles for proper access and segregation of duties. Develop and design reports, provide proper training, and run reports as needed. Work with external vendors to troubleshoot, analyze, and resolve issues as needed.
• Lead system deployment of Kronos UKG Ready in mergers and acquisitions and ensure new locations are set up timely and accurately with appropriate functionality internally. Manage billing process for Kronos related expenses. Manage governance protocols surrounding Kronos in all locations to maintain and enhance appropriate processes that ensure Kronos initiatives are effectively and efficiently prioritized, tested, implemented, documented, and trained.
• Oversee the development of employee communication to ensure benefit and compensation programs are communicated effectively and accurately.
• Ensures timely completion of annual compliance testing and reporting. This includes but is not limited to, 401k discrimination testing, Flexible Spending (FSA) discrimination testing, 5500 reporting, EEO-1 reporting and annual affirmative action plans.
• Oversees retirement program including enrollment and changes. Participates in quarterly 401k review, serves as Plan Administrator and member of the Fiduciary Review Committee. Leads annual 401k audit process.
• Provides guidance to the HR team around coaching and counseling on employee relations matters when the HR Director is not available.
• Monitor changes in state laws to ensure compliance.
• Analyzes data and provides reports and metrics to management as requested.
• Responsible for ensuring HRIS data is maintained and up to date.
• Partner with the Director of HR to develop and drive strategic workforce plans, processes and develop the workplace culture.
• Assists with various Human Resource projects as needed.
• Priorities change rapidly, so the ability to pivot quickly and effectively is an absolute requirement.
• Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
• Minimum five to seven (5-7) years of experience managing the HRIS administration at the enterprise-level and prior hands-on experience in leading, configuring, and troubleshooting at least two deployments in a multi-unit company required.
• At least two (2) years of prior experience working as an administrator in Kronos UKG Ready (Workforce Ready) is required.
• At least four (4) years of experience in Benefits Administration.
• Previous experience coordinating employee benefits, e.g. health, dental, vision coverage, evidence of Insurability processing etc. required.
• Prior experience working as a Business Partner/Generalist managing the employee relations & investigative process for a HR department is strongly preferred.
• A bachelor's degree in Human Resource Management, Business Communication, or a related field is strongly preferred.
• Must have strong English verbal and written skills.
• Must be proficient in multiple Microsoft platforms, including: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
• Ability to understand how specific data and processes relate to overall system and department performance.
• Must have functional knowledge of HR business requirements and processes.
• Must have exceptional project management, strong attention to detail, and ability to manage changing and conflicting priorities.
• Must be familiar with federal and state laws governing equal employment opportunity.
• Must be a well-organized and proficient self-starter.
• Must have excellent interpersonal skills and ability to excel in a team environment.
• Must possess extensive problem-solving skills and the ability to research an issue and identify the root cause.
Interested in hearing more? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply Now" button.