Inotiv is a growing contemporary drug discovery and development company where we "Play to Win" in an industry rich with opportunity. Together, we face challenges and together we win in the delivery of world-class drug discovery and development solutions that impact the health and well-being of people all over the world. There's an opportunity for everyone at all phases of a career, each individual's unique skill set has an impact on the work we conduct. If you have the talent and desire to impact the quality of people's lives, we have the career opportunities to make it happen.
Join us in embracing research and science to impact the health and well-being of people all over the world
As Inotiv leverages internal collaboration and diversification to offer best-in-class service to customers, we have created a newly formed Mechanistic Pharmacology and Toxicology group. We are seeking a talented, experienced Scientist/Senior Scientist in our St. Louis facility who has experience in flow cytometry. The Scientist/Senior Scientist will focus on assisting our lead flow cytometry scientist in carrying out non-GLP flow cytometry assays as requested by clients. These will typically include immunophenotyping assays in various species, isolation, and characterization of immune cells from tissues such as thymus and spleen, lymphocyte, and macrophage simulation assays, as well as custom assays. A working background in immunology, familiarity with developing and validating multiparameter antibody panels as well as the use of FlowJo software for the analysis of results is required. Good communication skills are a must.
The scientist will work closely with the laboratory manager to build positive interactions between sponsors and project teams (inter-site and inter-departmental), and effectively manage expectations to ensure superior client satisfaction.
The scientists will thrive in a collaborative and welcoming environment that values a culture of empowerment, transparency, innovation, agility, professional growth, and credibility.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- This position will report directly to our lead flow cytometry scientist
- Assist in the design, execution, and analysis of flow cytometry assays
- Assist in the development of novel flow cytometry-based assays or the improvement of existing flow cytometry panels
- Assist in the evaluation of new instrumentation and technologies
- Help develop and draft standard operating procedures and quality standards in flow cytometry
- Maintain inventory of flow cytometry reagents and supplies
- Ensure compliance is maintained, continuing Inotiv's phenomenal track record of successful FDA audits
- Identify new approaches, methodology, and/or the advent of state-of-the-art equipment
- Other duties as assigned
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Self-motivated individual who is comfortable in a fast-paced environment with minimal direction and able to adjust workload based upon changing priorities.
- Ability to think critically and demonstrate troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (English required); open, interactive style that facilitates high levels of trust.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively among cross-functional/cross-site teams.
- Ability to work efficiently, prioritize workflow, meet deadlines, and balance competing priorities.
- Excellent analytical skills and scientific/technical expertise.
- Exceptional partnering and collaboration skills with stakeholders at all levels.
- Superior interpersonal skills that demonstrate high levels of emotional intelligence and critical thinking.
- Familiarity with developing and validating multiparameter antibody panels as well as the use of FlowJo software for the analysis of results
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite products.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- BS or MS degree (or equivalent experience) in biotechnology, molecular biology, microbiology, immunology, oncology, or related field with a minimum of 2 years' experience within the area of flow cytometry.
- At least 2 years of relevant experience developing flow cytometry methods and running multi-parameter flow cytometry studies
- Demonstrated ability to design and execute standard flow cytometry experimental procedures
- Excellent skill in data analysis using flow cytometry software
- Experience with MACSQuant or Attune flow cytometers is a plus
PHYSICAL ACTIVITY AND WORKING CONDITIONS
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior office or laboratory environment
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer
- The noise level is usually moderate
- Requires moderate physical activity with frequent talking, standing, walking and repetitive movement of hands and fingers, reaching and lifting 10 -50 pounds.
- Use of PPE (Personal Protection Equipment) when required (i.e., able to wear latex or nitrile gloves, dust mask or respirator, and safety glasses as required)
Salary will be commensurate with experience and responsibilities. Benefits include health and dental coverage, short- and long-term disability, paid parental leave, paid time off, 401K with company match, etc.
Inotiv is a proud equal opportunity employer and an E-Verify employer.