The Sanitation Technician is responsible for cleaning and sanitizing the process equipment to establish a clean environment for producing and packaging quality products. Ensures equipment and facility are effectively sanitized in accordance with established food manufacturing regulations and in compliance with government sanitation requirements.
- Clean and sanitize filling equipment, and other processing equipment using cleaning chemicals and sanitizers
- Clean and sanitize walls, ceilings and floors while utilizing cleaning chemicals and sanitizers as directed or required
- Follow all sanitation and quality policies and procedures, including lock out tag out, and report any deficiencies
- Maintain a clean and organized work area
- Restock and replenish supplies as appropriate.
- Maintain sanitation logs
- Follows all applicable GMP's for the area in which he/she is assigned
- Maintains and uses appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) Other duties as assigned
•High School Diploma or equivalent.
•Able to read, understand and complete Daily and Weekly Checklists, Safety Procedures, Material Safety Data Sheets and Product Labels
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
•Able to stand for up to 10 hours, while working with and around machinery
•Able to stoop, bend and crouch on a regular basis to check equipment or supplies in low-lying areas
•Able to lift 60 pounds once an hour and 10 to 50 pounds repeatedly
•Able to push and/or pull wheeled troughs of 100-200 lbs. repeatedly
•Able to raise arms overhead repeatedly while lifting 30 pounds
We require COVID-19 vaccination. Employees that require a reasonable accommodation due to a medical condition or religious practice, as protected by ADA and EEOC, must request that during the new hire onboarding process. HR will provide information on the interactive process.