HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
Youve earned your degree. How will you use that achievement to reach your goals? Do more with the knowledge youve worked hard to acquire and the passion you already have. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Become the professional you are meant to be in this meaningful role.
What you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world. In this vital role you will be a part of Amgens Induced Proximity Platform (IPP) organization. The RNA Degradation (RD) group within IPP is seeking a motivated scientist to contribute to the discovery and development of new therapeutic modalities in the RNA space. The RD group is focused on exploiting our understanding of RNA biology to advance Amgens drug discovery pipeline of intractable and difficult-to-drug therapeutic targets.
You will work collaboratively with researchers across multiple functions within the IPP department as well as across disease therapeutic areas and the Therapeutics Discovery organization. The successful candidate will also work with external partners and contract research organizations (CROs) and have the opportunity to present work at national and international conferences.
- Develop innovative platforms and modalities to impact challenging targets across multiple therapeutic areas.
- Lead a project to support discovery and development of RNA-based novel therapeutic modalities
- Represent the team, coordinate and communicate with cross functional teams and facilitate decision-making.
- Independently set project goals and timelines, design, perform and analyze experiments, interact with team members across different departments and research sites and communicate and present data to department leadership.
- Participate in the scientific community through conference presentations and impactful publications.
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The qualified professional we seek is a Scientist with these qualifications.
- Doctorate degree OR
- Masters degree and 4 years of relevant scientific experience OR
- Bachelors degree and 6 years of relevant scientific experience
- Broad knowledge of RNA processing, RNA biochemistry and/or RNA structure with demonstrated research eminence through first author publications in top journals.
- Extensive research experience, including postdoctoral training, with biochemical, biophysical, molecular and cellular techniques, including enzymatic processing of RNA, RNA-protein interaction, RNA modification and turnover.
- Experience with NGS technologies, principles, experimental designs and familiar with the NGS data analysis.
- Strong scientific reasoning, data analysis, attention to details and independent problem-solving skills.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skill.
Some of the vast rewards of working here
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, we also work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Full support and career-development resources to expand your skills, enhance your expertise, and maximize your potential along your career journey
- A diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plancomprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefitswith compensation and benefits rated above 4 stars (out of 5) on Glassdoor
for a career that defies imagination
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Amgen requires all staff in the United States, Puerto Rico and Canada to be vaccinated from COVID 19 as a condition of employment. In accordance with applicable law, Amgen will provide reasonable accommodations to staff members who qualify on the basis of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. Such accommodation may not pose an undue hardship to Amgen, its operations, or its staff.