Arvinas is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company leading the way in targeted protein degradation therapeutics. Arvinas is the first company to focus solely on protein degradation and its platform technology is the most advanced in the field. Since its founding in 2013, Arvinas' PROTAC® Discovery Engine has been driving the most significant breakthroughs in the industry. Arvinas' pipeline encompasses a range of validated and undruggable targets in oncology, immuno-oncology, and neuroscience. This includes three clinical-stage programs: bavdegalutamide (ARV-110) and ARV-766, which are being developed as potential treatments for men with late-line metastatic castrate-resistant prostate cancer, and ARV-471, which is being developed as a potential treatment for patients with breast cancer.
is made up of more than 350 passionate and curious employees, whose diverse thoughts and perspectives are highly valued. Arvinas employees embrace the freedom to pursue innovation, think creatively, and give back. They are driven by the company's values and purpose - to improve the well-being of patients and families impacted by the devastating diseases Arvinas is working to treat. It's an exciting time to be in drug development and it's an exciting time to be at Arvinas. But don't just take our word for it - here's what Arvinas employees are saying . For more information, please visit .
We are looking for an experienced scientist to join our biochemical and biophysical assay team. This position will participate in assay design, implementation, and quality control across our programs in targeted protein degradation. This position will also manage external biochemical and biophysical assays performed at CROs. Ideally, the candidate will have broad expertise covering various biochemical and biophysical assays and instrumentation, although this is not a requirement. This position will provide the key, critical data necessary to drive programs toward targeted degradation.
This position reports to a Senior Research Scientist, Degrader Mechanisms Group in our Platform Biology department and will be located at our headquarters in New Haven, CT.
Key responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Biochemical assay design, assay development and execution across different plate-based modalities, such as TR-FRET, FP, and alphaLISA.
- Biophysical assay design and execution across different modalities, such as SPR, DSF, and MST.
- Manage CRO outsourcing of biochemical and biophysical assays, such as ASMS.
- Data capture, database upload, and presentation of assay development and trouble-shooting data in a clear manner in a group meeting setting.
- Partner with diverse project teams in complex scheduling of work and generation of data in support of drug discovery and development programs. Troubleshoot through technical and scientific challenges in order to deliver critical data.
- Apply excellent organizational and prioritization skills; analyze data using strong background in biochemistry and biophysics and troubleshoot through technical and scientific challenges in order to deliver critical data.
- Organize experimental results to be shared with project teams; maintain clear experimental records using ELN (electronic lab notebook).
- 5+ years of laboratory experience in an academic or industry setting.
- Skilled, motivated and productive bench scientist with excellent communication and oganizational skills who works effectively in a dynamic team setting.
- Strong background in protein biochemistry and analytics; expertise in protein-ligand interactions is a plus.
- Demonstrated experience in experimental design, execution, and data analysis in understanding protein-protein and protein-ligand interactions using biochemical and/or biophysical techniques.
- Demonstrated experience with plate-based assay formats and instrumentation across biochemical and biophysical platforms, such as TR-FRET, FP, SPR, alphaLISA, MST and others.
- Experience outsourcing CRO work and managing projects and timelines is a plus.
- Experience in cell-based assays and mammalian tissue culture is a plus.
- Knowledge and understanding of the ubiquitin-proteasome and its key components system is a plus.
- M.S. with 4+ years or Ph.D. with 2+ years of pharma/biotech or academic experience with a focus on biochemical and/or biophysical assay execution. Background in protein-protein and protein-ligand interactions and in drug discovery is strongly preferred.
- Additional training in complimentary biophysical, biochemical and/or structural biology techniques will be provided as needed.
Arvinas is proud to offer a competitive package of base and incentive compensation as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the health, wellness and financial security of our employees and their families. Benefits include group medical, vision and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, and much more. To learn more about Arvinas, please visit
Arvinas is an Equal Opportunity employer