Have you ever enjoyed Arnold®, Brownberry® or Oroweat® bread? A Thomas'® English muffin or bagel? Or perhaps snacked on a Sara Lee®, Entenmann's® or Marinela® cake or donut? If the answer is yes, then you know Bimbo Bakeries USA!
As a member of Ingredient Technology Team, you will be responsible for assisting in the development of new technologies in areas such as ingredient functionality, new product formats, and novel ingredient application, which can deliver product superiority, innovation, or cost reduction to our Bimbo Bakeries brands.
Under the direction of the senior managers, you will provide technical leadership to identify and initiate the development new ingredients, new technologies and new concepts from ideation through to implementation for all baked good areas.
This position reports directly to the Senior Principal Scientist of R&D and is based in Greenwich Connecticut.
- Provide assistance in identification & development of new technologies for application in bread, flat bread, cake, donuts.
- Under general direction, design, execute, record, and interpret experiments on assigned projects assess technology benefits and limitations.
- Collaborate with product development colleagues in other functions (Premium\Mainstream bread, Breakfast, Sweet baked goods, Innovation, Analytical, Grupo Bimbo R&D, Canada R&D, etc.)
- Summarize project findings and prepare appropriate reports and presentations.
- Maintain awareness of trends in marketplace and seek opportunities for our business.
Bimbo Bakeries USA is part of Grupo Bimbo, the world's largest baking company with operations in 32 countries. Bimbo Bakeries USA ("BBUSA") includes BBUSA and its subsidiaries and affiliated entities, including, but not limited to, Wholesome Harvest Baking, East Balt, and Acelerada. BBUSA employs 20,000 associates across the U.S. in bakeries, sales centers, corporate offices and on sales routes to ensure our consumers have the freshest products to feed their families at every meal. But our associates come to work for much more - the chance to feed their own lives through exciting work that offers the opportunity to make a real difference in their professional and personal lives every day.Job Requirements:
- MS/PhD in Food Science, Cereal Science
- Minimum of 8 years' experience in baking science and technologies / ingredients is desirable.
- Demonstrate strong technical and critical thinking skills, plus solid verbal, and written communication ability.
- Technical foundation with ingredients/functionality (preferably Bread/cake). A technically creative, highly motivated person, with a proven track record of accomplishment is highly desirable.
- Ability to handle and lead multiple projects at any given time in a team environment.
The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be requested to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bimbo Bakeries USA is an equal opportunity employer with a policy that provides equal employment opportunity for applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, disability, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, reassignment, layoff, discharge, education, training and all other working conditions. To further the principle of equal employment opportunity, Bimbo Bakeries USA has developed affirmative action plans for minorities and women, qualified individuals with disabilities, and Vietnam-era and special disabled veterans and other protected veterans.