Mammoth is seeking a Research Associate in R&D Diagnostics to drive the development of lyophilized reagents. The successful candidate will use their experience with formulation chemistry to contribute directly to establishment of novel CRISPR-based in vitro diagnostic assays.KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Formulate and optimize excipient mixtures to adequately protect reagents during lyophilization
- Execute development, verification and stability studies to define a lyophilization cycle
- Support technology transfer from development to manufacturing engineering
- Execute experiments with assay development to determine the efficacy of lyophilized assay reagents during accelerated and real-time stability studies
- Bachelor's degree in chemistry, chemical engineering, biochemistry or related field
- Experience with writing standard operating procedures
- Ability to work as part of a team, as well as independently
- 2+ years of industry experience or background with lyophilization
- Industry experience or background with in vitro diagnostic assays
- Strong communication skills
- Company-paid health/vision/dental benefits
- Unlimited vacation and generous sick time
- Company-sponsored meals and snacks
- Wellness, caregiver and ergonomics benefits
- 401(k) with company matching
Mammoth Biosciences is harnessing the diversity of life to power the next generation of CRISPR products. Through the discovery and engineering of novel CRISPR systems, the company is enabling the full potential of its platform to read and write the code of life. Mammoth aims to develop permanent genetic cures through best-in-class in vivo and ex vivo therapies and to democratize disease detection with on-demand diagnostics. Mammoth can provide enhanced diagnostics and genome editing for life science research, healthcare, agriculture, biodefense and more. Based in the San Francisco Bay Area, Mammoth Biosciences is co-founded by CRISPR pioneer and Nobel Laureate Jennifer Doudna and Trevor Martin, Janice Chen, and Lucas Harrington. The firm is backed by top institutional investors including Redmile Group, Foresite Capital, Senator Investment Group, Sixth Street, Decheng, Mayfield, NFX, and 8VC, along with leading individual investors including Brook Byers, Tim Cook, and Jeff Huber.
The Diagnostics team is advancing our CRISPR-based DETECTR® platform to address unmet needs across the continuum of testing. From laboratories to the home, our mission is to democratize diagnostics with CRISPR.
It is our policy and intent to provide equal opportunity to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, political affiliation, sex/gender (including gender expression/identity, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), marital status, registered domestic partner status, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, veteran status, disability, medical condition, genetic characteristics, and/or any other basis protected by law. This policy covers all facets of employment including, but not limited to: recruitment, selection, placement, promotions, transfers, demotions, terminations, training, and compensation.
Mammoth Biosciences requires that all employees be vaccinated against Covid-19 as a condition of at-will employment, with exceptions for medical or religious reasons in compliance with local, state, and federal law.