We are currently searching for a Research Associate to provide support to the National Institutes of Health (NIH). This opportunity is a full-time position with MSC, and it is on-site in Bethesda, MD.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Independently perform microbiology and mammalian cell culture techniques, bioassays, ELISA, and other complex assays. Purify human blood cells, including neutrophils and monocytes. Contribute to small animal studies.
- Collect and organize data, perform data analysis and interpretation, and prepare technical reports; summaries, protocols, and inventories.
- Interpret and evaluate the results of experiments. Work quickly and efficiently to generate high quality, reproducible data.
- Operate and communicate effectively in a team-oriented working environment.
- Responsible for laboratory upkeep and routine maintenance of equipment.
- Maintain laboratory supplies and equipment including chemicals, biological materials, etc. Required to handle biological materials, carcinogens, recombinant protein materials, acids, biological wastes, etc.
- Perform other laboratory duties as needed.
- Master's degree in Microbiology, Biology, or a related life sciences field.
- At least five (5) years of experience in clinical and/or basic science laboratory settings is required.
- Experience with microbiology and mammalian cell culture is required.
- Experience with purification of human blood cells, including neutrophils and monocytes, and bioassays of their function are important requirements.
- Competency in sterile techniques, ELISA, and biostatistics.
- Experience working with small animals.
Dovel Technologies and its Family of Companies (Medical Science & Computing and Ace Info Solutions) was acquired in October 2021.
Guidehouse is a leading global provider of consulting services to the public sector and commercial markets, with broad capabilities in management, technology, and risk consulting. By combining our public and private sector expertise, we help clients address their most complex challenges and navigate significant regulatory pressures focusing on transformational change, business resiliency, and technology-driven innovation. Across a range of advisory, consulting, outsourcing, and digital services, we create scalable, innovative solutions that help our clients outwit complexity and position them for future growth and success. The company has more than 12,000 professionals in over 50 locations globally. Guidehouse is a Veritas Capital portfolio company, led by seasoned professionals with proven and diverse expertise in traditional and emerging technologies, markets, and agenda-setting issues driving national and global economies.
Guidehouse is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.
Guidehouse will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law or ordinance, including the Fair Chance Ordinance of Los Angeles and San Francisco.
If you have visited our website for information about employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require accommodation, please contact Guidehouse Recruiting at 1- or via email at . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodation.
Guidehouse does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of Guidehouse, and Guidehouse will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.