Abveris is Boston's premier antibody discovery company providing contract research services to the biopharma industry. Abveris applies advanced immunization methods combined with B cell screening and hybridoma-based antibody discovery technologies to provide comprehensive gene-to-antibody discovery services. Abveris is developing the next generation of biologics, cell therapies, vaccines, and diagnostics in partnership with global leaders in biopharma.
Abveris is a division of Twist Bioscience that prides itself in integrity, teamwork, drive, innovation, and our partner's successes in biologics development. We provide our hard-working team with a generous vacation policy, a matching retirement plan, and free lunch every day.
We are seeking a motivated individual to join our team and expand our bioanalytical department. Using state-of-the art technologies and workflows, this Research Associate would work with the Protein Analytics team to ensure project-specific deliverables are met across a diverse panel of discovery campaigns. The role would involve wet lab experimental design, execution, and data analysis for multiple custom antibody development projects incorporating various biologics assay formats.
- Developing, running, and troubleshooting antibody and protein purification (i.e., affinity and ion exchange chromatography)
- Performing HPLC-based antibody characterization assays (i.e. SEC, HIC and CIC) and other molecular assessment tools (i.e. BVP ELISA, PSR and CSI-BLI)
- Sample handling, sample inventory tracking and assisting with automation integration into the department
- Concurrently execute multiple antibody discovery projects requiring wet lab activities, data analysis, report generation and preparation of deliverables
- Record and communicate experimental details, draft reports, and deliver data with a high level of integrity and ethics
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in a scientific discipline required (Biology, Biochemistry, Biochemical Engineering)
- 1-3 years of prior laboratory experience strongly preferred, with priority toward experience in an industry setting
- Strong knowledge of biologics characterization, preferably in recombinant protein purification, assay development and protein characterization
- Previous experience with AKTA, HPLC, Hamilton and/or Octet instruments preferred
- Direct experience with ELISA, SDS-PAGE, protein quantification and endotoxin assays
- Ability to troubleshoot scientific processes
- Ability to work independently, but also collaborate and effectively communicate within and across departmental teams
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Highly organized, detail oriented and able to operate in a fast-paced and growing environment