674 Industrial Park Drive Claxton Georgia 30417
Welcome to Valmont, where a world of opportunity awaits. When you join our team, you become part of a passionate group dedicated to changing lives and conserving resources around the globe. We want problem solvers who roll up their sleeves to foster progress and innovation for all people. At Valmont, we provide infrastructure, irrigation, tubing and coatings to the world. We strengthen cities. We nourish croplands. We design, manufacture and coat. Our products and services make a difference. Join us, and BUILD YOUR WORLD.
A Brief Summary of This Position:
The Regional Quality Manager (RQM) is responsible for providing Quality Assurance guidance and support to their respective manufacturing locations. This includes indirect supervision or strong dotted line reporting structure between the RQM and plant quality personnel. This dotted line reporting structure ensures the RQMâs have a voice in plant quality activities. As such, the RQM will provide quality related guidance directly to plant quality personnel. Additionally, the RQM is expected to work with plant management to help them understand how their plants are performing relative to quality requirements, and work with them on areas of opportunity. The RQM works directly with the plant quality representatives to evaluate quality metrics, which includes evaluating Cost of Poor Quality (CoPQ) data, identifying areas of opportunity, and implementing solutions. At times the RQM provides high-level guidance, participate as part of a factory led team, or lead events. RQMâs also support QMS compliance, participate in and/or lead third party and customer audits, RCCA (root cause and corrective Action) review and approval, contract review, etc. The incumbent must be capable of distinguishing between Quality requirements that may vary significantly between the infrastructure divisions, different market channels present within each division, design types, special customer requirements and several national building and inspection standard guidelines or codes. A thorough understanding of processes as they pertain to the group the Regional Quality Manager reports to (e.g., welding processes, concrete processes, etc.) used at each site is necessary. An RQM has stop work authority as it pertains to non-conforming product.
This position has the ability for a home-base at any of our 6 Concrete facilities based on incumbent location including: Bartow and Ft. Meade Florida; Claxton, Georgia; Tuscaloosa, Alabama; Bristol, Indiana; and Bellville, Texas.
- This position reports into Director of Operations - Concrete and has no direct reports
- This position has a dotted line reporting structure to the VP of Quality Assurance
- This role requires a significant amount of travel throughout North America and potentially overseas. While the amount of travel will ebb and flow, it is reasonable to assume travel time may be 50%+
- Assess all quality metrics to determine where the best opportunities are to reduce cost (e.g., CoPQ, FPY, field issues, etc.)
- Provide overall QA guidance to manufacturing site quality personnel
- Guide and support QC teams at respective manufacturing plants to recognize, prevent, and correct defects before they reach the customer
- Provide containment, root cause, and corrective action guidance to respective plants
- Work with plant quality personnel to understand and evaluate quality metrics
- Provide guidance to plant management relative to plant performance as it relates to quality
- Ensure standardized inspection processes are in place at manufacturing sites
- Ensure inspection requirements are clearly communicated to the QC teams including inspector certification requirements
- Investigation of customer complaints and implementing or issuing corrective actions as needed
- Support QMS compliance
- Lead and/or assist with customer and 3rd party audits
- Review and approve quality related RCCA
- Participate in contract/specification review
- Help with R&D efforts for new products or designs; specifically, how they will be impacted by welding variables and developing inspection criteria
- Assist with MOC (Management of Change) process for quality related items
- Ability to lift to 50 pounds, as needed
Other Important Details about the Role:
- This position is a change agent and cannot accept status quo
- This requires the individual to successfully work with circumstances where change is required but is not desired by many
- Ability to lead dotted line reports in a matrix organization
- The incumbent must possess effective human relation and communication skills necessary to work with all levels of administrative and operations teams from all divisions, commercial teams internally, externally with customers, auditors, and outside inspectors
- Must be a person of passion and integrity who has the drive to excel and deliver exceptional results
Required Qualifications of Every Candidate (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
- Bachelorâs degree with 6 years of relevant experience, Associatesâ degree with 8 years of relevant experience or 10 years of relevant experience
- Previous supervisory experience in a production or Quality Assurance role related to processes that pertain to the group the Regional Quality Manager will report to (e.g., metal fabrication, concrete fabrication, NDT, AWS, PCI, ASCE, ASTM, ACI., etc.).
- Capable of interpreting production drawings, and internal and external specifications to distinguish between conforming and non-conforming products
- Comfortable using and explaining best judgement regarding specification interpretation on a regular basis
- Above average proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and ability to learn other computer programs as needed
- The ability to accurately disseminate industry specific information to QC personnel as well as frame the same information in a way that anyone can understand
Highly Qualified Candidates Will Also Possess These Qualifications:
- Bachelorâs or Associates Degree
- Six Sigma Green Belt, preferably Black Belt
- Possess AWS â Certified Welding Inspector (CWI) certification in accordance with D1.1 provisions
- Possess ASQ CQM/OE (American Society for Quality Certified Quality Manager/Organizational Excellence)
Valmont does not discriminate against any employee or applicant in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you have a disability and require any assistance in filling out the application for employment email .