The National Center for Biotechnology Information (NCBI) is part of the National Library of Medicine (NLM) at the National Institutes of Health (NIH). NCBI offers an intellectually stimulating environment where the world's top scientists, skilled software developers, and others work together to solve challenging problems and literally help to accelerate cures for diseases! NCBI is the world's premier biomedical center, hosting over six million daily users that seek providing over 6 million users each day with research, clinical, genetic, and other information that directly impacts biomedical research and public health. NCBI's wide range of applications, platforms (Node, Python, Django, C++, you name it) and environments (big data [petabytes], machine learning, multiple clouds) serve more users than almost any other US Government Agency, according to
This is a full-time position with full benefits. We are looking for those IT professionals that enjoy having a passion for what they do and want to work for an organization that gives back to the community. That's what a position at the National Institutes of Health (NIH) will give you is an opportunity to contribute to the betterment of America's public health system. Be on the cutting edge as discoveries are made to improve your countries health!
Duties & Responsibilities
- Build robust, performant, user-facing web applications in Python/Django supporting millions of daily users
- Develop, create, and ship new functionality for user interaction and scientific data backend, using modern APIs and frameworks
- Work as an integral part of an agile product team to deliver an unbelievably great user experience
- Deliver responsive, accessible, mobile-friendly code of high quality (automated test/build/deploy)
- BS in Computer Science or scientific field (engineering, physics), or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of Full stack Web applications development, using Python and Django.
- Experience with relational database modeling and data migration
- Understanding of accessibility and security compliance
- Experience with version control systems like Git or SVN
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and team player
- Experience developing Django web applications and services
- Experience using web services and RESTful APIs
- Familiarity with search engines and backends (Lucene, Solr)
- Semantic markup and modern web layout techniques
- Automated regression testing with Selenium
- Proficient understanding of Git version control system
- Experience with agile development processes
- Excellent teamwork, communication and collaboration skills
Dovel Technologies and its Family of Companies (Medical Science & Computing and Ace Info Solutions) was acquired in October 2021.
Guidehouse is a leading global provider of consulting services to the public sector and commercial markets, with broad capabilities in management, technology, and risk consulting. By combining our public and private sector expertise, we help clients address their most complex challenges and navigate significant regulatory pressures focusing on transformational change, business resiliency, and technology-driven innovation. Across a range of advisory, consulting, outsourcing, and digital services, we create scalable, innovative solutions that help our clients outwit complexity and position them for future growth and success. The company has more than 12,000 professionals in over 50 locations globally. Guidehouse is a Veritas Capital portfolio company, led by seasoned professionals with proven and diverse expertise in traditional and emerging technologies, markets, and agenda-setting issues driving national and global economies.
Guidehouse is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.
Guidehouse will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law or ordinance, including the Fair Chance Ordinance of Los Angeles and San Francisco.
If you have visited our website for information about employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require accommodation, please contact Guidehouse Recruiting at 1- or via email at . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodation.
Guidehouse does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of Guidehouse, and Guidehouse will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.