Overview: Liberty Military Housing Own your passion forservice! At Liberty Military Housing, (formallyknown as Lincoln Military Housing) were here to serve those who serve our country by providing military families with comfortable, well-maintained homes ininviting communitiesacross the United States. We take great pride in our highly trained team of professionals.With a blend of property management and military backgrounds, our employee-owners bring a proactive, solution-oriented mindset, along with unparalleled levels of empathy and understanding for our residents and one another. Liberty Military Housing is dedicated to helping our employees develop personally and professionally and provides an unprecedented 150+ hours of professional development annually to each employee-owner. Camaraderie and collaboration form the foundation of our culture. We put people first, honoring one anothers diverse experiences, ideas, and contributions to our shared success. We strive to bring out the best in each other so we can do outstanding work and positively impact the lives of military families. Were always looking for dedicated team members in a variety of roles to help create meaningful results that help us meet our company goals. We offer an excellent benefits package, training, development, and opportunities for advancement, so if youre ready to grow your career, take a look at our current job openings and become an employee-owner at Liberty Military Housing.
Responsibilities: A Day in the Life of a District Manager II (Property Manager II): As a Liberty Military Housing District Manager II
, you will be responsible for overseeing the operations of a multi-family residential community. This role is responsible for the propertys financial success, supervising the performance of on-site personnel and providing a quality living experience for our residents. Youmust be able to effectively lead and motivate others to perform quality work in a safe manner and deliver on our mission of providing exemplary service in accordance with Liberty Military Housings quality customer satisfaction standards. A District Manager's Responsibilities include, but not limited to: Leadership:
- Manage, hire, schedule, and develop the on-site team, including office and maintenance personnel.
- Evaluate the efficiency of staff and provide on-going training, coaching, counseling, and supportive leadership.
- Ensure all employees comply with company policies and procedures, and complete required training (i.e. on-line, instructor-lead, etc.) in a timely manner.
- Responsible for the community budget and achievement of operational, financial and occupancy goals which includes overseeing, reviewing and monitoring all district accounting and financial matters (Processing of A/P, A/R, delinquencies, process PAFs, budget approvals, collections, invoicing, etc.).
- Provide constant vendor/contractor communications concerning scheduling, billing, vendor relations and certificates of insurance.
- Oversee all Capital Expenditure projects for the community (i.e. approvals, letters, tracking, scheduling, and inspections).
- Participate and oversee staff in outreach marketing activities (i.e. market surveys, shop competitors) on a regular basis to obtain prospective residents.
- Conduct regular property walks/inspections (grounds, common areas, parking lots, maintenance shop, community rooms, make-readies, quality control, etc.) to ensure community is well maintained according to LMHs quality standards.
- Ensure make-readies and other maintenance projects are completed accurately and timely by maintenance staff according to LMHs quality standards.
- Contribute to a safe and secure environment, reporting potential safety hazards and adhering to all company safety policies, practices and regulations.
- Comply with all federal, state and local applicable laws, including Fair Housing, OSHA safety regulations, local applicable laws regarding health, safety or environment, and LMH Standard Operating Procedures and Policies.
- Ensure resident concerns and requests are responded to on a timely basis to ensure resident satisfaction.
- Work in conjunction with district staff/community services team to develop and/or implement resident retention programs (i.e., resident functions, monthly newsletters, etc.).
- Consistently ensure policies of the community are followed by residents and take appropriate/corrective action when necessary.
Qualifications: What A Property Manager Needs for Success:
What We Provide You:
- Minimum of3 years experience in the property management industry (previous supervisory experience preferred).
- Proven success demonstrating leadership, customer service, problem-solving, decision-making, multi-tasking, communication, and organizational skills.
- Ability to encourage a positive and collaborative team environment.
- Certified Apartment Manager (CAM) or Accredited Resident Manager (ARM) preferred.
- Fair Housing certification must obtain Fair Housing certification within 2 weeks of employment.
- Experience with and understanding of budgets and financial operations.
- Effective communication and interaction with management team, military partners, subordinates, vendors or residents; sufficient to exchange or convey information and to give and receive work direction.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and delegate duties to ensure operational objectives are achieved.
- Possess a positive and professional demeanor in all business interactions, under all circumstances.
- Proficiency and working knowledge of personal computers: keyboard, internet search, email correspondence, math, Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, and other software applications preferred (i.e. Yardi, Payscan).
- Ability to operate a motor vehicle (valid license required).
- Ability to travel to other regional locations for work, training, meetings and other work-related activities.
- Available to work a flexible schedule including weekends, off-hours and emergencies as required.
Liberty offers a wide range o f insurance options, programs, and benefits that let you and your family be healthy and plan for the future. Our benefits take into consideration everything from career development to family matters, health and wellness, and we are committed to doing everything we can to offer you quality benefits and health-carecoverage. In addition, we offer competitive compensation, incentive programs and generous paid time off.