DescriptionPURPOSE OF POSITION
Under the general direction of the Executive Director, the Property Manager is responsible for the maintenance and cleaning grounds, parking grounds and other assets of the Association. This position also provides leadership to the maintenance and custodial staff of the branch. OUR CULTURE
Our mission and core values are brought to life by our culture. In the Y, we strive to live our cause of strengthening communities with purpose and intentionality every day. We are welcoming:
we are open to all. We are a place where you can belong and become. We are genuine:
we value you and embrace your individuality. We are hopeful:
we believe in you and your potential to become a catalyst in the world. We are nurturing:
we support you in your journey to develop your full potential. We are determined:
above all else, we are on a relentless quest to make our community stronger beginning with you. The Gateway Region YMCA strictly follows a zero tolerance policy regarding child abuse.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Provides overall coordination of facility maintenance, including planning and developing
- Ensures the proper operation of all mechanical systems.
- Completes repair work and projects in a timely manner. Oversees all contractors that work in the facility and grounds. May request and review bids, and recommend selection of contractors.
- Works with outside agencies such as fire, health, building depts., etc. to ensure compliance with all local, state and federal regulations related to facilities and grounds.
- Develops budgets supporting the preventative and annual maintenance plans and monitors expenditures against budget.
- Recruits, hires, trains, develops, schedules and directs assigned staff and volunteers. Reviews and evaluates performance. Develops strategies to motivate staff and achieve goals. Models relationship-building skills in all interactions.
- Participates with other members of management in the YMCA's fundraising campaign.
- Advises management on maintenance issues and projects as requested.
- Ensures that assigned vehicles (and other equipment) are maintained and operated in accordance with the policies and procedures of the YMCA.
- Updates facility plans periodically. May develop annual plan of capital projects, consistent with the YMCA's strategic plan and community needs.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Mission Advancement
- Operational Effectiveness
- Personal Growth
The YMCA Welcomes a Diverse Workforce
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/VRequirementsQUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Bachelor's degree in facility management or a related field or equivalent.
- Three or more years' experience in facility management or closely related field.
- Working knowledge of mechanical, electrical and plumbing systems, carpentry, and other maintenance-related areas.
- Skills in supervision, budget management and project management.
- "POOL" and boiler certifications required within 120 days of employment.
- Ability and current license to drive with record that meets YMCA standards.
- Familiarity with personal computers helpful.
- Ability to respond to safety and emergency situations.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is often required to: climb stairs, bend, stoop, kneel, twist, reach with hands, sit, stand for an extended period of time, climb ladders, walk, shovel snow, plow snow, lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, have finger dexterity, grasp, perform repetitive motions, talk, hear and have visual acuity.
- The work is performed both indoors and out, and may require travel to various locations.
- While performing the duties of this job the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time.