Project Engineer (Contract)Description This contractor position will be located in a Vancouver, BC Canada Engineering office, some remote work is possible.
Under general supervision, provides technical expertise, guidance and leadership for a variety of designated engineering projects and programs at assigned project.
- Reviews, investigates and develops appropriate recommendations regarding assigned engineering projects.
- Serves as Project Manager or technical expert, on a wide range of small to medium site construction, expansion or modification projects.
- Evaluates and administers contracts with vendors for the provision of services and equipment.
- Provides guidance and counsel to the site management team on applicable processes, practices, and existing/proposed local, state and federal regulations.
- May contribute to site strategic planning and budgeting efforts for designated engineering areas.
- May represent the site on company sponsored steering teams, such as PDMC Mill Operations, Refinery Operations, etc.
- Performs other duties as required.
Nature of work: Works on moderately complex issues, implements solutions through individual effort but may delegate more routine tasks to others.
Level of interaction: Collaborates mostly with peers in the same functional area, and/or department and has moderate external interaction.
Autonomy/decision making: Works under frequent supervision and has limited latitude to set objectives, priorities and timelines impacting the individual assigned area of work.
Budgetary responsibility: Assists with budget preparation and monitoring.
Managerial responsibility: Does not manage people, function, projects or programs. Qualifications
Language Skills, Certifications and/or Training
- Bachelor's degree in an appropriate Engineering discipline and three (3) years engineering experience in an area or areas relevant to assignment, including project management experience.
- Knowledge of principles and project engineering and project management
- Demonstrate technical competence through engineering and/or operations experience
- Proficient in MS Office and other engineering tools (CAD, analytical, mapping)
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Fluency in English
- Broad knowledge of the principles and practices of engineering
- Ability to research and analyze information of considerable difficulty and draw valid conclusions
- Skill in effective communication, both verbal and written, including the ability to actively listen and to adapt behavior and communication style based upon the audience
- Ability to develop and maintain awareness of occupational hazards and safety precautions
- Skill in following safety practices, and recognizing, controlling and/or eliminating hazards Ability to build trust and credibility with employees/peers and establish common goals and expectations
- Strong analytical skills
- Experience with metal mining operations, especially with regards to geotechnical, structural, earth and concrete works.
- Skilled in related engineering software (AutoCAD/Civil 3D, ArcGIS, GoldSim), programming languages
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.