Assists in the event conversion and execution for arena, convention center and exhibition hall.
The Mid-America Center is the Heartland's premier entertainment and convention center. The multi-purpose facility is the metro area's link to the ultimate in live entertainment and sporting events. From rock shows to family shows and much more, the arena has hosted top names in show business as well as numerous community events.
Make sure to ask about our hiring bonus!
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS:
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Responsible for setup and breakdown of staging, risers, tables, chairs, bleachers, house drapes, carpeting, portable flooring, etc as directed.
- Stores equipment in pre-designated areas.
- Performs minor maintenance on equipment used for the setup and breakdown of events.
- Operates forklifts, and scissor lifts related to production operations.
- Presents oneself as a credit to Company and encourages others to do the same.
- Performs all other related and compatible duties as assigned.
- 1 year experience with event set-up or comparable experience preferred.
- High school diploma, GED or comparable experience preferred.
- Past experience with the use of rigging equipment and the ability to set-up and connect audio and lighting systems for large productions preferred.
- Must have working knowledge of hand and basic power tools, forklift, etc.
- Must have the ability to operate equipment in the performance of assigned duties in an effective, safe and proper manner.
- Good oral and written communication skills including tact when dealing with difficult customers, must be fluent and literate in English.
- Must be able to maintain a neat, well-groomed, professional appearance and uphold the company appearance standards.
- Adheres to departmental and company policies and maintains compliance with all regulatory, governmental, and safety requirements.
- Basic knowledge of facility operating standards, building maintenance, and custodial management.
- Ability to uphold and demonstrate the highest level of integrity in all situations and recognize standards required by a regulated business.
- Physically mobile with reasonable accommodations including ability to lift up to 50 lbs., and ability to push, pull, reach, bend, twist, stoop and stack. Must be able to walk on level surfaces, as well as, up and down stairs.
- Must be able to work in areas containing dust, varying noise and temperature levels, lighting, vibration, crowds and air quality.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment.
- Must be flexible with schedule, including nights, weekends, and holidays as required.
Harrahs Council Bluffs, Horseshoe Council Bluffs, the Mid-America Center, and the Hilton Garden Inn, all part of Caesars Entertainments expansive portfolio, are looking to bring the best talent from around the area to the Empire. We know that excellent service begins with our team members, which is why we are all inspired by the companys Mission, Vision, and Values and why we strive for greatness each and every day. From providing the best gaming experience with two casino properties to offering two hotels with varying amenities, and convention, meeting, and entertainment space perfect for events big and small, our teams and properties are here to serve the Council Bluffs-metro area no matter the need.
As a part of the new hire process, finalist candidates will be required to complete a drug test and background check prior to an offer being extended, except where applicable law requires that such pre-employment screening occur post-offer. The Company is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against employees or applicants based on race, color, national origin, sex, age over 40, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.