The primary role for the Production Associate is moving material around the plant or work site with a forklift and/or crane in order for production to run smoothly. In addition, this role may package/band, weigh, and load/unload material from machines and stage material in a timely and accurate manner. This Production Associate is responsible for building arbors and setting up machines for use as well as performing multiple tasks throughout the day to ensure safe and quality production. This position requires a self-starter with a strong work ethic and a desire to perform the duties to the highest standard.
- Moves material around plant using a forklift and/or crane for producing, finishing, packaging, or shipping the customer product.
- Ensures areas are supplied with parts and removes finished skids to warehouse or paint line.
- Moves and stages material as scheduled for optimum machine efficiency.
- Provides machine support by emptying scrap tubs and ensuring lines are cleared of finished product.
- Locates material into finished goods as needed.
- May be responsible for basic test line operation.
- Packages finished product for shipment.
- Tracks orders and tags.
- Follows bill of material in order to match product with proper packaging and skidding.
- May perform finishing duties.
- Performs setup of valve and burn off operations.
- Performs multiple tasks to ensure ongoing machine operation.
- Performs miscellaneous tasks throughout plant to ensure safe, efficient and quality production of materials.
- May perform housekeeping duties within the plant when necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be able to handle physical, repetitive work and be able to stand on your feet for 8 hrs a day
- Must have good hand-eye coordination
- Mechanical aptitude a plus, but not required
- Competent in basic math and computer skills
- Can operate banding tools
- Can read a tape measure
- Must be able to handle small parts
- Must understand and follow the quality policy and procedures
- Ability to recognize quality issues and problems – detect defects
- Must be able to read, comprehend and follow detailed instructions on productions and understand English
- Must be able to read and understand bill of material and or production order
- Must be able to distinguish between part numbers and sizes
- Must be able to count and label parts accurately
- Must follow all safety policies and procedures
- Must have good safety awareness and efficiency skills
- Oral and written communication skills – including legible writing
- 0-6 months prior experience
- Required OSHA safety training
- Forklift and crane license
- Must have valid driver’s license
High School Diploma or equivalent
We are dedicated to the belief that people are our most important asset. In filling job openings every effort is expended to find candidates within Worthington, its divisions or subsidiaries. Employee development, opportunity to grow and continuing to evolve both as an employee and as a company are instrumental to our success. We encourage employees to inquire about open positions and apply to those that help further their career goals.
Worthington Industries Inc., and its subsidiaries, is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered regardless of race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, disability or veteran’s status.
How we are protecting employees from COVID-19
At Worthington Industries, we believe that our employees are our most important asset. As such, employee health and safety is our top priority. We have implemented a variety of processes and precautions in order to prevent the spread of COVID-19 in all of our facilities. This includes, but is not limited to: regular cleaning and sanitization, requiring and providing face coverings, installing hand sanitizer stations, and staggered shift times.