VQ Life Sciences are recruiting for a permanent Process Development Engineer with experience of biosurfactants, sophorolipids and the associated regulations for a client based in Manchester.
1. The client
Our client is a biotechnology company focusing on the production of biosurfactants and sophorolipids by fermentation. They operate in a heavily regulated environment working to deliver high quality results to supply the cleaning and personal care industries.
1. The Role
Reporting to the Chief Technology Officer, the successful candidate will be responsible for development and improvement of manufacturing processes for biosurfactants as part of the lab and pilot team.
1. General Role Responsibilities:
This role will involve collaborative idea generation alongside desk-based research then translating that into practical work in the lab and pilot facilities. The role will involve working within an interdisciplinary team including science, engineering, and business development to ensure that the whole process provides products of commercial interest. The role includes translating lab scale fermentation and downstream processes to pilot and commercial scale, along with scale down of processes to facilitate economic and rapid process improvement. The role includes leading and executing projects.
1. The Ideal applicant:
This is a role for inspired, innovative and team-oriented individuals for a full-time research and development role. We are looking for people who want to make a meaningful impact towards a more sustainable chemistry sector. The successful applicant will have the opportunity to broaden their skillset by working with field leaders and have a range of career progression opportunities due to the scale-up nature of the business. All this within a dynamic and friendly working environment. We offer a competitive and flexible pay package and benefits such as flexible working to attract the best to join our team. We understand people have different circumstances and want to ensure that the team presents a supportive and inclusive environment.
* Bachelor's/ Master's Degree in Chemical Engineering or a related discipline.
* Enthusiasm and ability to think creatively, to find innovative solutions, to characterise processes, develop technologies and solve problems.
* Willing to work in a fast-paced and quickly changing environment.
* Mathematical skills and knowledge of calculations useful in the design, operation and scale up of processes related to process engineering.
* Demonstration of aptitude and willingness to learn in a multi-disciplinary environment.
* Capability and desire to quickly develop processes iteratively and a willingness to test unrefined solutions.
* Experience working on or knowledge of biosurfactant processes or other comparable industrial biotechnology processes such as fermentation, downstream processing, or purification.
Position Type: Full Time.
If you are a Process Development Engineer based in Manchester, with experience of biosurfactants and/or sophorolipids then get in touch with Alex Prew at VQ Life Sciences