VQ Life Sciences are recruiting for a permanent Process Development Scientist with experience of biosurfactants, sophorolipids and the associated regulations for a client based in Manchester.
1. The client
Our client is a biotechnology company focusing on the production of biosurfactants and sophorolipids by fermentation. They operate in a heavily regulated environment working to deliver high quality results to supply the cleaning and personal care industries.
1. The Role
Reporting to the Chief Technology Officer, the successful candidate will be responsible for development of post-fermentation manufacturing techniques for novel biosurfactants as part of the lab team.
1. General Role Responsibilities:
This will include purification methods, chemical and/or enzymatic modifications and analytical techniques. The role will involve working within an interdisciplinary team including science, engineering, and business development to ensure that the whole process provides products of commercial interest. This role will involve collaborative idea generation alongside desk-based research. The role includes leading and executing experiments and projects. The candidate will play a key role in developing a range of novel biosurfactants.
1. The Ideal applicant:
This is a role for inspired, innovative and team-oriented individuals for a full-time research and development role. We are looking for people who want to make a meaningful impact towards a more sustainable chemistry sector. The successful applicant will have the opportunity to broaden their skillset by working with field leaders and have a range of career progression opportunities due to the scale-up nature of the business. All this within a dynamic and friendly working environment. We offer a competitive and flexible pay package and benefits such as flexible working to attract the best to join our team. We understand people have different circumstances and want to ensure that the team presents a supportive and inclusive environment.
• BSc/ MSc degree in chemistry or a similar discipline.
• Experience working on or knowledge of biosurfactant production, separation, characterisation and/or formulation techniques.
O or a strong understanding of phase behaviour in surfactant systems.
• Knowledge/experience in bio-catalysis and/or green chemistry.
• Capability and desire to quickly develop processes iteratively and a willingness to test unrefined solutions.
• Experience in experimental design and communication of the results.
• Enthusiasm and ability to think creatively, to find innovative solutions, to characterise processes, develop technologies and solve problems.
• Willing to work in a fast-paced and quickly changing environment.
• Demonstration of aptitude and willingness to learn in a multi-disciplinary environment.
Position Type: Full Time.
If you are a Process Development Scientist based in Manchester, with experience of biosurfactants and/or sophorolipids then get in touch with Alex Prew at VQ Life Sciences