Waters Corporation is currently seeking an individual to join our organization as a Principal Product Owner for our Empower Ecosystem Applications. The successful candidate will either be experienced in the use of Empower Software for the routine use/service/support of analytical laboratory equipment or an experienced Product Owner in an applicable domain (IoT, Connected Products, Analytics, etc.)
In this role you will use your understanding of user needs to plan, prioritize, and drive product development of laboratory applications. These applications will collect, aggregate, and integrate data from instruments, analytical software, and other data systems in order to deliver extraordinary outcomes to Waters customers in laboratories around the world.
We are looking for a Product Owner who can collaborate with stakeholders across the business to solve complex problems with elegant solutions. We want to find someone who will become an advocate for our users and relentless in seeking ways to deliver products that exceed their expectations.
- Working in cross-functional teams with other departments to gather and analyze requirements and prioritize product related issues
- Defining the vision for applications, workflows, and products; Ensuring that the vision addresses the needs of our customers; Articulating that vision within Waters; Breaking that vision down into an effective and prioritized product backlog
- Ensuring that clear milestone goals and objectives are set and communicated
- Organizing, leading, and documenting interactions with external customers
- Communicating internally and externally, the benefit of software products through webcasts, demos, presentations, etc.
- Acting as technical advisor and conduit between other departments
- Collaborating across the Product Owner Team and with external stakeholders to ensure dependencies are identified and managed Managing expectations and coordinating deliverables across teams is key in this role.
- Aligning product lifecycle with other Waters products and services
- Bachelor's Degree in a STEM discipline
- 8+ years' experience with laboratory equipment/laboratory data systems and their use in one or more of Waters primary markets AND/OR 5+ years' hands-on experience as a Product Owner with a background in IoT, Cloud Applications, or Analytics and the willingness to develop expertise in laboratory software with help from Waters subject matter experts
- Good Product Owner qualities are essential to this role. Those qualities are defined as:
- Proactive, confident, and has integrity
- Accepts accountability; ability to lead the product vision and backlog
- Committed to the product; is passionate about the product
- Displays openness, rigor, and clarity of thought
- Communicates well; communicates consistently to different groups
- Collaborates well; ability to make product decisions in a team environment; Ability to influence others
- Ability to travel both domestically and internationally (estimated: maximum 20% of time)
Product Owner experience - preferred
- Proven record of product delivery in a Product Owner role
- Knowledge of the software development process, especially Agile
- An appreciation of APIs and third-party software integrations
Waters Corporation (NYSE: WAT), the world's leading specialty measurement company, has pioneered chromatography, mass spectrometry and thermal analysis innovations serving the life, materials, and food sciences for more than 60 years. With more than 7,000 employees worldwide, Waters operates directly in 35 countries, including 15 manufacturing facilities, with products available in more than 100 countries. Our team focuses on creating business advantages for laboratory-dependent organizations to enable significant advancement in healthcare delivery, environmental management, food safety, and water quality.
Working at Waters enables our employees to unlock the potential of their careers. Our global team is driven by purpose. We strive to be better, learn and improve every day in everything we do. We're the problem solvers and innovators that aren't afraid to take risks to transform the world of human health and well-being. We're all in it together delivering benefit as one to provide the insights needed today in order to solve the challenges of tomorrow.
Diversity and inclusion are fundamental to our core values at Waters Corporation. It is our responsibility to actively implement programs and practices to drive inclusive behavior and increase diversity across the organization. We are united by diversity and thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products, our customers and our community. Waters is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or protected Veteran status.
Empower, Analytical Chemist, Chemist, CDS, Laboratory, Lab, Product Owner, PO, FSE, QC, Analytics, IoT, Internet of Things; SCP; smart connected products, data analytics