The Preventative Maintenance Technician will be responsible to manage the preventative, predictive and breakdown maintenance program for the company’s 2nd shift. This role will be responsible to maintain and repair the facilities' building and manufacturing equipment.
• Organizes and procures resources to ensure the efficient coordination of maintenance equipment.
• Develops maintenance plans and schedules for the second shift in coordination with preventative maintenance team members.
• Analyzes maintenance data to make recommendations for the continuous improvement of the maintenance program.
• Generates solutions for solving equipment problems while providing technical support to management and working with production personnel.
• Estimates time and material costs for equipment repairs while assisting in determining the course of action.
• Maintains detailed records for tracking documents, including work orders, project files, progress charts and schedules.
• Responsible to set up and maintain a historical database, generating maintenance reports, as needed.
• Performs skilled maintenance work on all line equipment, including but not limited to: liquid nitrogen refrigerant system, fryer, oven and other production line equipment.
• Adheres to all safety, maintenance and production standards set by OSHA, GMPs, SQF and HACCP guidelines.
• Ability to performs additional maintenance on facility, such as painting, carpentry and plumbing, etc.
Competencies or Experience Requirements
• 1-3 years of experience in preventative maintenance.
• Knowledge and experience with electrical systems, HVAC and hydraulics.
• Ability to perform electrical equipment installations.
• Ability to operate tools such as, but not limited to: metal lathes, mills, drill presses and shears.
• Knowledge of safety standards and OSHA regulations.
• Work may include physical effort, including lifting 50-100 pounds, bending, squatting and reaching.
• Must be able to provide scheduling coverage, as needed.
• Excellent computer skills and proficiency with Microsoft Office.
• Strong organizational skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Excellent problem solving skills.
• Ability to work in a team environment.
• Ability to lift up to 60lbs without assistance
• Must be able to stand for several hours at a time
• Ability to sit, stand, squat, kneel and bend over
• Must be able to work in a hot, cold and/or loud environment
• Ability to effectively communicate with other employees and managers
• Must be able to visually detect defects in onsite machinery
High school diploma or GED preferred.
Ascot Valley Foods culture and values are part of what makes the company successful and a great place to work. Candidates will be considered in terms of their consistency with culture and values. Ascot Valley Foods is a rapidly growing company; flexibility is essential as we grow and develop. The successful candidate must be comfortable in a fast paced work environment with many crucial deadlines.
As a food manufacturer, you can expect: wet and/ or slippery floor conditions, heavy lifting up to 60lbs., 8 -12 hour shifts and the occasional Saturdays. Warm working conditions. Industrial food processing equipment inclusive of: nitrogen tunnel,
industrial ovens, industrial deep fryer, freezer and cooler. No artificial nails or nail polish. No jewelry. No topical skin treatments.
Ascot Valley Foods does not currently offer any medical, dental, vision or retirement plan benefits.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All team members may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed