Setup and operate an external grinder (s) to grind a wide variety of complicated parts having many shoulders, unusual contours, or tapers. Extremely close tolerances and high degree of finish.
1. Reads and interprets work orders, drawings/blueprints to determine tooling requirements, setup procedures
control settings, and grinding methods.
2. Select wheels, determine operations sequence.
3. Mounts, dresses wheels for form, taper, step and straight grinding operations for a variety of materials.
4. Understand the operational sequences, wheels spindle speeds and feedrates, and possess the ability to
compensate for variations in material characteristics and other grinding conditions, as they occur.
5. Performs first piece and in process inspections and record results to assure quality products.
6. Cleans machine (s), tooling, and product produced.
1. Must have the ability to read and interpret basic blueprints and work to drawings, specifications and
2. Basic comprehension and understanding of shop mathematics and the ability to work between English
and metric units of measurements.
3. Demonstrated ability to operate multiple machines and multi-task.
4. Operator must be able to use a wide range of adjustable and fixed quality measuring tools for checking the
5. Experience with working to extremely tight tolerances.
PHYSICAL WORKING DEMANDS:
1. While performing the duties of this job, the individual is regularly required to stand for long periods of time,
2. The individual must be fit and able to lift up to and including 40 lbs.
3. Specific vision abilities required to perform this job include close, distance, and peripheral vision.