Job Title: Plant Engineer (Mechanical)
Salary Range: £35,000 - £40,000 + Benefits
Location: Port Talbot
Acorn Recruitment is working with one of the world's most geographically diversified steel producers to recruit a Plant Engineer (Mechanical), to join their site in Port Talbot.
Purpose of the Role:
The successful Plant Engineer (Mechanical) will work within the Carbon department, inside the Iron making operations. The Carbon department is an essential part of the production process which prepares, process & transports raw materials to the businesses Blast Furnaces.
Within the role, you will support the Area Engineering Manager with the coordination of the area's engineering activities and implementation of appropriate engineering standards, to drive continuously improving manufacturing performance, to deliver the annual plan. The incumbent of the role will continuously develop and implement a cost-effective preventative maintenance regime in line with the maintenance strategy for the works area.
You will support and drive the failure analysis processes and ensure that all engineering activities are carried out in line with the standards and strategy for the works area. For example; management of spares, management of contractors, budget management, engineering standards & procedures.
What we're looking for?
The successful candidate will have previous experience in mechanical engineering work, previous experience in an industrial/manufacturing environment would be beneficial.
You must be educated to HNC level as minimum.
Applicants will have an appreciation of the techniques, problems and standards associated with steel or related engineering disciplines.
Some of the key attributes we are looking for in applicants include:
* Drive & passion to develop & improve the plant performance
* Flexibility & adaptability to react to operational requirements
* Work as part of a cross-discipline team
* Computer literacy
* Good oral and written communications skills
* Experience of managing others, both employees & contractors
* Ability to manage a budget
* Awareness/Experience of permit systems awareness of legislative requirements such as PSSR, PUWER, LOLER
* Ability to project manage small improvement projects
* Continuous improvement techniques.
* Ability to manage site activities safely & develop Risk Assessments/Safe Working Procedures as required
Our client offers their employees significant benefits packages. For this role, you will benefit from:
* A market competitive salary
* 35 days holidays per annum
* Annual Pay Review
* Bonus Scheme - subject to business performance
* Private Medical Cover
* One of the UK's leading defined contribution pension schemes (10% employer contribution / 6% employee contribution)
There is also an extensive list of lifestyle benefits, including free onsite parking at all sites, an employee assistance programme as well as discounts with local and national retailers and services.
Employee discount scheme for companies including Vodafone, Nissan, Jaguar Land Rover and also various local services.
Acorn Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment.
Acorn Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment