Supports the scheduling of on-line training for Bus Operators and Bus Operator Trainees with Line Instructors. Completes entry of timecard data for Bus Operator Trainees and Bus Operators in retraining using the PERDIS timekeeping system. Provides a variety of administrative duties for the Operations Training department management and staff. Discretionary handling of confidential information is an important aspect of this job. Performs duties in a safe, efficient manner and in compliance with all applicable rules and safety procedures.
Responsibilities and Specific Duties
- Responsible for inputting daily and weekly timecard information of Bus Operators Trainees and Bus Operators into the PERDIS system. This includes newly hired Bus Operators and Operators returning to the Training department for retraining.
- Enters deductions that may be due to Metro upon Bus Operator Trainee termination of employment.
- Reviews, researches and resolves discrepancies with timecards, to include inputting timecard data adjustments as needed into PERDIS.
- Assists with scheduling Bus Operator Trainees into the Line Instructor assignments.
- Communicates with Starters at each operating facility to resolve timecard and trainee schedule concerns.
- Generates a variety of reports using data from various sources such as PERDIS and the Metro LMS system.
- Performs a variety of administrative duties including, but not limited to; answering phone lines, making copies, maintain office/parts supply inventory, maintaining office and employee files.
- Maintains files and records in accordance with Metro's file retention program.
- Provides excellent customer service to Metro internal and external customers.
- Promotes safety awareness and follows safety procedures to reduce or eliminate accidents.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
High school diploma or GED is required.
Years & Experience Required
Minimum three (3) years general office/clerical experience. Experience with data entry specifically payroll or PERDIS system is preferred. Experience using a Learning Management System (LMS) is preferred.
Knowledge & Skills Required
Proficient in the use of PC's and related applications/software: Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access and Outlook). Must have good communication (written/verbal) and organizational skills. Must have good attention to details.
The Metropolitan Transit Authority of Harris County, Texas has a zero tolerance drug and alcohol policy for all employees. All internal and external applicants will be required to undergo drug testing before employment and will be subject to further drug and/or alcohol testing throughout their employment.
Further, employees who perform safety-sensitive functions will submit to drug and/or alcohol testing in accordance to the Department of Transportation (DOT) and the Federal Transit Administration (FTA) regulatory requirements.
We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, veteran status, genetic information or disability.