Nursing Assistant - Periop ServicesLocation:
Scranton, PennsylvaniaJob Category:
Nursing Support Services, Nursing and Nursing SupportSchedule:
Nights Work Type:
GCMC Perioperative TeamDate Posted:
Job Summary Responsible and accountable for performing a wide range of direct patient care tasks. The performance of tasks allows the care team to provide quality care. Meets the qualifications to provide care for patients in the specific age range on their assigned clinical area.
- Provides patient care as directed by the registered nurse in meeting the multidisciplinary plan of care established for each patient.
- Obtains and maintains the integrity of specimens in accordance with policy, procedure, and physician order.
- Performs EKGs as assigned, following accepted practices, policies, procedures, and physician order.
- Provides for or assists patients with activities of daily living and fulfills designated and delegated responsibilities for ongoing continuum of care.
- Assists with transporting blood and blood products to and from Blood Bank as needed.
- Assists in problem solving and troubleshooting in the care and maintenance of equipment and assists in ensuring adequate supplies are available on the unit.
- Provides one to one patient safety watch as assigned following established policy and procedures.
- Completes clerical responsibilities for task completion based on ability and training.
- Staff have access to non-controlled medications storage and supply areas and can transport non-controlled medications as necessary to meet the needs of the clinic and unit.
Work is typically performed in a clinical environment. Accountable for satisfying all job specific obligations and complying with all organization policies and procedures. The specific statements in this profile are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements considered necessary to successfully perform the job. Additional competencies and skills outlined in any department-specific orientation will be considered essential to the performance of the job related to that position.
*Hours: Monday - Friday, 11pm - 7:30am. No weekends or holidays! Receive an additional $2/hr for night shift!
*Geisinger offers comprehensive suite of healthcare benefits all starting day one of employment! This includes medical, prescription drug, vision and dental coverage. We also offer up to $5,000 tuition reimbursement and 5% contribution to your retirement plan.
Education High School Diploma or Equivalent (GED)- (Required)
Experience Minimum of 1 year-Clinical (Preferred)
Certification(s) and License(s) Basic Life Support Certification within 6 months - Default Issuing Body
Our Purpose & Values OUR PURPOSE & VALUES: Everything we do is about caring for our patients, our members, our students, our Geisinger family and our communities. KINDNESS: We strive to treat everyone as we would hope to be treated ourselves. EXCELLENCE: We treasure colleagues who humbly strive for excellence. LEARNING: We share our knowledge with the best and brightest to better prepare the caregivers for tomorrow. INNOVATION: We constantly seek new and better ways to care for our patients, our members, our community, and the nation. SAFETY: We provide a safe environment for our patients and members and the Geisinger family We offer healthcare benefits for full time and part time positions from day one, including vision, dental and domestic partners.* Perhaps just as important, from senior management on down, we encourage an atmosphere of collaboration, cooperation and collegiality. We are an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer Women and Minorities are Encouraged to Apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or their protected veteran status.