Nuclear Manufacturing Technology Software Engineer
Location: Sugarland, TX
Schlumberger is the leading provider of oilfield services, focusing on innovative technologies for reservoir characterization, drilling, and production.-with a reputation for hiring the best and the brightest people and keeping them at the top of their game through rewarding career-long development opportunities. We leverage strong local experience and the diversity in thought, background, and knowledge that more than 170 nationalities bring.
Schlumberger is also now leveraging its highly skilled and motivated workforce, its technology know-how and its global footprint to become a leading actor in Energy Transition and Sustainability - with a rich and fast growing portfolio of products and services ranging from emission control, carbon capture and storage, clean Hydrogen, Geothermal and more.
The Nuclear Manufacturing Technologies Team is a dynamic organization that maximizes up-times, efficiencies, utilizations, inventories, and overall level of quality by leading and enabling the Nuclear Manufacturing modernization through innovation and technology while providing quality solutions and support to existing manufacturing technologies.
The Nuclear Manufacturing Technologies Software Engineer is responsible for developing and supporting the software systems used to support the Manufacturing activities. This includes in particular gathering data from various equipment, storing and visualizing them.
- Analyze, design, develop and maintain the software systems used to support the Manufacturing activities in agreement with project technical and timing objectives.
- Ensure that software code and artifacts are managed and safeguarded in a configuration management system in accordance with procedures and guidelines.
- Help identify and organize requirements
- Keep abreast of Technology evolution and propose ways to use them to improve the overall software system used by Manufacturing.
- Evaluate alternative implementations and select the one that maximizes the value of the product and minimizes the risk and technical debt.
- Build prototypes, products and systems suitable for testing; set up and run lab simulations.
- Design testing procedures and coordinate with others to implement and automate tests.
- Develop and execute unit tests.
- Ensure and monitor source code quality by using appropriate tools.
- Provide timely corrective actions on assigned defects and issues.
Qualifications and Requirements
- US citizen or Lawful Permanent Resident
- Successful background check and denied party screening
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or similar disciplines
- 2+ year relevant experience
- Proficient with C/C++, C#
- Experience with Verilog, Internet of Things, SCADA a plus
- Excellent communication, verbal and written skills
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
Schlumberger is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor- priority referral Protected Veterans requested.