Apex Dermatology & Skin Surgery Center is a rapidly growing, skincare facility that empowers employees to deliver exceptional patient experiences. We are currently looking for talented candidates for the role of Medical Assistant. The Medical Assistant is responsible for administrative as well as clinical tasks, such as maintaining patient records, preparing patients and rooms for examination, assisting physicians with exams, and performing front-desk tasks. Ideal candidates have good problem-solving and analytical skills, an ability to work as a team member and are well-organized with strong attention to detail.
This is a Full-time, hourly position. This position requires legal authorization to work in the US.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Escorts patients to exam rooms in order of appointment times. Obtains short history and vital signs as required by patient's chief complaint. Obtains or updates patient medication list. Sets up exam room according to scheduled procedure or anticipate provider's needs if non-scheduled procedure is likely.
- Transcribes during visit and assures documentation of patient care to meet criteria dictated by legal practice, state health laws, and Medicare regulations.
- Assists physician with biopsies and surgical procedures.
- Educates patient as required after physician establishes the treatment plan. Ensures that the patient understands the treatment plan, understands the proper use of their medications, and understands their responsibility for compliance with the treatment plan prior to leaving the office.
- Straightens and cleans exam rooms after patient visits.
- Maintains patient records and charts
- Institutes emergency care appropriately, accurately, and professionally.
- Demonstrates proper judgment and decision-making skills when necessary and adheres to practice policies. (OSHA/HIPAA)
- Monitor and complete lab documents, biopsy and culture book, telephone encounters and team task box within the EMR .
- Handle all clinical phone calls in conjunction with the providers
- Maintain and follow up with biopsy results for patients
- Assists with autoclave procedures and quality controls
- Complete clerical functions as directed such as: prior authorizations, schedule new and follow up appointments, answer phones, scanning documents into the EMR.
- Travel to other office locations may be necessary
Requirements - Current and valid documentation as a Certified (Registered) Medical Assistant, Strong Communication skills, Strong team-Building skills, Ability to Multi-task, flexibility, Telephone skills, customer service skills, time management, organization, attention to detail, scheduling, word processing, professionalism, focus on quality, knowledge of basic computer software programs and knowledge of medical terminology
Preferred - BA/BS in a relevant field, 2 years of experience as a medical assistant, 1 year experience in Dermatology
About Us.......Who We Are
We are Apex Dermatology & Skin Surgery Center. Our goal is to provide the highest quality dermatology and dermatologic surgery care to patients in Northeast Ohio in a prompt and compassionate manner. A strong commitment to delivering an exceptional patient experience, prompt access to care, including same day appointments, and service and education to the community are our core values.
What We Offer
Apex Dermatology & Skin Surgery Center offers a comprehensive benefits plan that includes a Monday thru Friday schedule, Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays, Holidays off, Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Short-Term Disability and 401(k), Discounts on Derm services, Travel and leisure discounts, sporting event, concert and special event discounts, discounted movie tickets and more!
Apex Dermatology & Skin Surgery Center provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Apex complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.