AbbVie US Commercial Organization is looking for a Marketing Data Architect/Consultant to lead data architecture, design, and support data engineering for marketing data. This position is in the Patient & Consumer Marketing, Marketing Activation team and will play a critical role in AbbVie's digital transformation journey to rapidly deliver high quality omni-channel experiences to consumers & patients across the whole US brand portfolio.
This position reports directly to the Associate Director, Patient & Consumer Marketing, Marketing Activation, and will work across multiple cross-functional partners including marketing operations, data governance, legal, privacy, SFMC operations/squads/pods teams, technical product owners, SFMC & Solution Architects, and relevant marketing organizations.
The ideal candidate will have vast traditional and digital marketing data expertise, innovative problem-solving abilities, incredible flexibility, and a keen drive to learn, achieve, and optimize. This role will support and lead many activities including but not limited to data architecture, data modeling & design, solution & technical design, segmentation, targeting, reporting, analytics, technical documentation, and deliver ad hoc projects related to building a robust, compliant, and accessible marketing data asset.
- Primary subject matter expert (SME) on the interconnectivity of consumer and patient marketing datasets & assets.
- Lead and collaborate on architecture, design, and implementation of unified marketing data solutions with business and technical teams.
- Collaborate with other data & analytics functions across the organization to understand all available data, new data and how it can be used for campaign activation and reporting.
- Support and drive SFMC segmentation and targeting platform capabilities; leverage new and existing tools and processes if needed.
- Support consumer & patient marketing data governance processes and activities.
- Lead audience creation and development with SFMC and other connected platforms.
- Support creation of test scripts and end to end testing as it relates to marketing data.
- Debug and QA data aspects of campaign and platform solutions; maintain and troubleshoot in-flight solutions.
- Assist, as needed, in business requirement capture, grooming, and overall project documentation.
- Assist day-to-day platform governance, administration, and maintenance of the connected marketing activation platform, as it relates to data.
- Co-lead SFMC data and reporting capabilities for key stakeholders.
- As it relates to data in the deployment of campaigns: support project management, scrum/delivery teams, and technical documentation.
- Develop and activate marketing automation campaign metadata; standards/nomenclature/taxonomy, process, governance model, and change management.
- Proactively recommend process improvements to optimize and grow the use of marketing data.
- Support the delivery of marketing data technology solutions.
- Bachelor's Degree 7 years of experience, Master's Degree 6 years of experience, PhD 2 years of experience in application program development. Work experience in the pharmaceutical industry preferred.
- Work experience in the pharmaceutical industry, CPG, or other complex and/or regulated industries.
- 2+ years working with at least two of the following technologies/platforms: AWS, Google Cloud Platform, SFMC, Salesforce, Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics, DMPs, CDPs, DSPs, and Ad Servers.
- Strong understand of data capture, data storage, data transformation, and delivery to business outcomes.
- Experience in CRM/Marketing campaign and/or digital media segmentation and targeting.
- 3-5 years of hands-on marketing data experience supporting end-to-end data and analytics needs for marketing campaign deployment and/or digital media activation.
- Working knowledge of SQL, Python, JSON, XML, and other integration languages and tools.
- Strong experience with marketing technology integrations with Salesforce and other relevant marketing and data platforms.
- Experience with SOAP and REST based APIs is required.
- Understand technical requirements for integration with other platforms.
- Understanding of data processing, data warehousing, data integrations, and data modeling.
- Understanding and experience authoring and working with 1 st and 3 rd party data exchange and integration documentation.
- Experienced with agile, DevOps, and the systems development life cycle and other related IT methodologies.
- Knowledge of Salesforce product suite including Health Cloud, Sales Cloud, Service Cloud, Marketing Cloud, Platform, and the App Exchange preferred.