The Manufacturing Planner leads the creation and maintenance of the short-term production outlook schedule per S&OP Asset Plan and given operational parameters in manufacuring. The primary ouput of this position is the Master Production Schedule and the Monthly Supply KPI metrics report for FDBT. The Planner reviews prodcution schedules for opportunities and adjustments based on inputs from Manufacturing readiness, supply chain and program management. Clear concise updates on the schedule changes are required, and are tailored to the audience (internal customers such as program managers, Finance, Maintenance, Quality and Manufacturing).
The Manufacturing Planner will gather information from various sources (Manufacturing, Program Management, Tech Ops, Supply Chain) for the creation of schedule templates, active production schedules, trackers, and planning tools to support FDBT Manufacturing. The Manufacturing Planner should have proven ability to review, interpret and capture information from the Asset Plan, Process Specifications, Process Consumable Lists and SAP BOM (or similar resources) needed for planning and to create schedules for specific production centers, projects or functional areas as needed. The Manufacturing Planner should have the ability to transfer the current planning system over to the SAP system and share knowledge and experience of SAP planning with coworkers. The Planner will develop and maintain consistent verbal and written communication flows with internal customers and stakeholders to ensure that planning timelines and criteria are conveyed and understood in a timely manner. The Manufacturing Planner will lead planning projects and planning meetings.
- Develops and maintains the Master Prodcution Schedule and Asset Plan, for a 3 to 6 month outlook consitent with the FDBT S&OP plan.
- Ability to work indepently on projects, develop schedules and lead meetings as needed.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining schedules for specific production centers, projects or functional areas as needed.
- Ability to observe manufacturing processes and flows and translate them in to a relevant model for planning that accurately represents the process steps, timing, material and product flows.
- Works with Supply Chain to ensure that the demand for materials and records of upcoming production runs are understood and meet production schedules.
- Work effectively to gather information from tools and by collaborating with groups as needed for schedule creation and maintenance.
- Creates and maintains templates needed for planning or tracking activity such as: Planned versus actual issued materials to scheduled BRs/FRs, Weigh Dates, run status ect.
- Montiors major maintenance activities affecting the FDBT facilities or equipment in conjuction with the Manufacturiung Facilities Coordiantor, making the work timeline and return to service visible.
- Monitors qualification, requalification and water run activites with Tech Ops that affect the RTP facilities or equipment making the timeline visible.
- Identify and communicate manufacturing resources(people, equipment and facilities) gaps for the business pipeline to Manufacturing leadership.
- Maintains the Manufacturing Planning Equipment Database
- Ensures that the Planning Department's files, folders and archives are organized and maintained.
- Ensures that planning naming and nomenclature is understood and used consitently throughout manufacturing planning systems.
- Participates in team projects related to Operational Excellence.
- Works with users to identify, define, and implement business process improvements.
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to coordinate, facilitate and organize resources.
- Ability to develop strategic relationships and demonstrate strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Must posess good to ecellent writing and PC skills with a knowledge base in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and Access and MS Project and knowledge of Smartsheet.
- Demonstrate excellent mathematical and reasoning ability.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, visual or tabular form.
- Ability to perform effectively under extreme pressure and meet deadlines.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to coordinate multiple activities.
- Detail oriented and accurate work.
- Proven success in leading complex projects and bringing them to a conclusion.
- Ability to persuasively champion strategic ideas, as supported by sound rationale and analysis, and drive change within the organization.
- Strong knowledge of concepts, practices and procedures related to manufactuing planning.
- Strong analytical, interpersonal, presentation and problem solving skills.
- Ability to analyze, break-down and interpret a wide variety of information and make an assessment and a plan forward about the current situation noting the plans ramifications, pros, and cons.
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to:
- Experience prolonged sitting, some bending, stooping, and stretching.
- Use hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator, and other office equipment is required.
- May be required to lift up to 50 pounds on occasion.
- Attendance is required.
- Bachelor's plus 3 years work experience manufacturing planning; OR
- Associate's degree plus 5 years work experience in manufacturing planning; OR
- High School/GED with 7 years of work experience in manufacturing planning.
- Experience with SAP planning
- Experience with creating and developing manufacturing planning tools and production schedules
- Experience with scheduling applications like Schedule Pro and MS Project
- Degree in Supply Chain and Logistics, Business Administration or Science
- Experience with Good Manufacturing / Good Documentation Practices or similar highly regulated industry.
- Six Sigma or project management training.
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
If an accommodation to the application process is needed, please e-mail or call .