Collaborates with other members of the health care team to provide supportive medical care. Participates in primary care clinics at Care Alliance sites throughout the service area. Works collaboratively to foster a team approach in the management of client health.
- Competence in nursing skills such as venipuncture, monitoring of vital signs, and recording of medical information.
- Cultural sensitivity to and willingness to work with homeless and low-income persons
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision
- Commitment to the mission of Care Alliance
- Performs triage/intake on all patients according to Care Alliance triage/intake procedures in expediting Prover’s daily schedule and patient flow
- Under the supervision of the Registered Nurse, performs basic health assessments such as vital signs and recording of chief complaint.
- Performs basic health screenings and reports pertinent findings to the Registered Nurse and/or the health care provider.
- Implements appropriate components of the plan of care, under the direction of the health care team.
- Is familiar with sterile techniques and setting up of a sterile field
- Works collaboratively with other Care Alliance health professionals to facilitate a team approach to the management of its patients.
- Assists with the development of nursing protocols
- Assists with the orientation of new clinical personnel.
- Maintains safe, secure and health work environment by establishing and following standards and procedures: complying with legal, HRSA and OSHA regulations
- In collaboration with the health care team, assists with clinical program development, implementation and evaluation.
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- Current license to practice as an LPN in the State of Ohio.
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Problem solving skills